Need to buy Multifunction Mono Laser Printer

Discussion in 'PC Hardware and Software' started by kauffmann, Jun 12, 2012.

Share This Page

1. kauffmann

kauffmann The Fountainhead

Hi,
    I have to buy a Multifunction Mono laser printer tomorrow. The required features and budget are -

1. Mono Laser Printer
    2. Scanner and Copier
    3. Network (Wired)
    4. Automatic Document Feeder
    5. Duplex printing
    6. Most Important - Toner should be easily refillable

Budget - 15k maximum

I've narrowed down to http://www.flipkart.com/brother-dcp...MQ4A&ref=84b20505-3dda-4673-bf59-a2b5a8c5fd12

Seems like the best bang for buck, has all the above features but I'm not sure how easy it is to refill Brother toners. Any inputs would be great!

Cheers,
    Kauffmann

2. Luciffer

Luciffer Satan Spawn Staff Member

kauffmann : Does it have to be new? Does it have to be mono.. or have ALL those features?

harryneopotter : remember the color laser multifunction the guy I took you to had? Any chance you remember what make/model it was? I don't even remember seeing model.. and I forgot the Make :(

kauffmann likes this.
  3. kauffmann

Any idea if Brother has extendable warranty?
    Well it doesn't necessarily has to have the scan/photocopy function, it's something we can do without, but that is only if we're getting something better in that price. It doesn't have to be new as long as it's in a good condition. I'm using my old HP 3030 since the last 7 years, it's a mono-laser MFC and have spent nearly 10k on getting the damned thing repaired.

It doesn't have to be mono, God if I could get a colour MFC in that price, it'd be great! The reason I want to go for a network printer is because it'll be in my dad's room and everytime I have to take a print out I need to have the laptop or the desktop switched on in my dad's room, it'd be a lot easier if I could just print over the network. But then again, it all boils down to what I'm getting for the price.

All features are individually dispensable if I'm getting something better for the pretty rupee I'll spend.

Thanks for replying back,
    Cheers,
    Kauffmann

PS: I love the new logo, great work there mate!
    PPS: The grammar bit in your signature reminded me of -
    [​IMG]

Luciffer likes this.
  4. Luciffer

Will see if my guy still has it and will call you tomorrow if he still does.
    Not telling you price right now.. cuz I don't want you to cry if it's gone :)

5. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I have a HP MFP1522 thats been doing loyal duty for the last 4 years. However the brother one sounds good. The toner is refillable, and lasts me over 800 printouts on the HP though.

6. kauffmann

Haha thanks that'd be very nice of you, it'd be great if you could let me know the model no. too.

JD666 - I don't know if there's something specifically wrong with my HP MFC, but after 2 - 3 years this printer started giving us some major trouble with the scanner. And we have had to get it fixed every couple of months, incurring a cost of atleast Rs.700/- and at times in excess of Rs.2-2.5k
    HP refuses to repair the printer since they only replace parts and not repair them and replacing the whole scanner bed would cost somewhere around 15k, I mean, it doesn't even make any sense to quote such an absurd price. I had talked to a few refilling guys that sit outside in Nehru Place, they were of the opinion that it's tougher to refill Brother toners. I used to get my two HP toners refilled every once in 2 - 3 months.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  7. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

One thing I would like to add is in Delhi it is best to get HP printers only, as the local repair is easy and cheap as compared to other manufacturers.

JD666 likes this.
  8. kauffmann

I have to buy the printer today and I'm really split up on which one to go for. As MOZ rightly said, even the local repair guy who has been fixing my HP printer till date said the same, it's easier to find HP spare parts in the market, so when your device goes bad, the company has the most readily available spares and that too at a low cost and at times with cheap alternatives too.

But then, there is no comparable HP model in that price range, heck I can't find a HP model with the same features that Brother is offering for 10.5k

9. MOZ

Did you get a call from Luciffer yet?

10. Luciffer

Just got off the phone with the guy. :(
    Bad news for everybody :(
    The printer that he had.. as I suspected.. is gone. :( Was an HP Full color Multi Function.. guy doesn't remember the model.. but had a original bill of 32K :(
    (Not telling you his selling price, you'll really cry)
    And sadly.. with these guys.. things like this can show up again tomorrow.. or not for another year :(

Bad news for @coolcartik too.. guy got 7 TVs.. Samsung 8 series.. but he didn't call me cuz it got pre-bought in bulk (all 7) by the pricks (hate them) from Gaffar market :(
    Atleast with his TVs.. these keep showing up.

11. kauffmann

Oh boy! As my luck would have it :( Lucifer if you could keep in loop about any colour laser printers that he might get in the near future, it'd be real nice of ya. My dad really wants to buy one. Thanks for taking the time out and checking up with the guy though. How much would a 32" TV cost? Just a ball park figure. Planning on buying one for my dad's room.

Anyway, so I went ahead and bought the Brother DCP 7065DN, got it for Rs.11,200/-, that's the best price I could get in Nehru Place. What really sealed the deal for me was the extended 2 years on-site warranty I got for the price of Rs.2,325/-, which I think is peanuts given that I have a combined warranty of 3 years now and don't have to worry about anything going wrong with the printer.

IMG_0263.JPG

I will soon make another thread with all the information, first impressions, etc. along with the pictures.

Thanks for all the help guys!
    Cheers.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  12. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

^^ Congratulations to you Kauffie :D !! don't worry Brother is a good brand and with the added onsite warranty.. it is very sweet deal !!

13. Luciffer

Congrats!!! That's a sweet looking printer.. and really good deal :)
    Wanna see pics of the unit itself :)

14. kauffmann

Thanks guys, I will be posting pictures of the unit, first impressions, etc. very soon.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  15. MOZ

Looks solid. With the added warranty you need not worry about maintenance for a while.