NH-8 users be aware. ( Delhi - Gurgaon expressway )

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Dec 7, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

What has been my playground ( not in the wrong sense ), for the last several years, has now come in the news for all the wrong reasons. It appears that the Delhi-Gurgaon stretch is apparently the most deadliest stretch in the whole country, with the maximum number of fatalaties per km. There have been 260 fatalities in this 40 km stretch last year!

So a word of advise to all those cautious and careful Delhi-Gurgaon commuters/drivers and our own R101 members out there. Time to be even more cautious and careful. The expressway is crumbling in places with uneven roads, and people are jaywalking across all the time now. Plus to make matters worse the trucks have some silly stupid intent to take the fastest lane and stay there at 65 kmph.

I did feel it in recent times when I took my bike out on it, however yes, gone are those days when I could quickly swerve and needle thru traffic. Nope.. Not happening anymore.

2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

and numerous more casualties(injured) ..

Are the fatalities more pedestrians or commuters ?

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I am guessing pedestrians. Because not seen enough smashed up cars to Reach that figure

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

4. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

I've seen live accidents near IFFCO chowk area multiple times and i'm not much of a city biker (which means i don't go out much and still see dumb accidents with the driver in a state of shock!)

JD666 likes this.