Information PepperMint OS

Discussion in 'PC Hardware and Software' started by JD666, Nov 1, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I recently stumbled across PepperMint OS while I was searching for a light weight ( Say extremely light weight OS for my old Asus eeePC. The amazing specs of this netbook are - 730 mhz Intel celeron processor ( PIII Architecture) 1GB Ram ( upgraded from 512 MB ), 4GB SSD.

Coming in at under 512 MB on the disk, and around 1.2GB loaded, it was a blessing in disguise. I was surprised to see the boot up time ( really really short ), and pretty nifty applications that let you do Youtube, Facebook ( lite version of chrome browser ), Open around 3 tabs and Also has a built in torrent client.

Other features include office applications, chat software, video chat software etc.

I don't really think anything was missing for regular usage. All the function buttons for brightness, volume, mute, Wi-Fi etc worked as well from the keyboard.

And in the latest avatar its the Peppermint 3 thats the new OS on the block -

3screen_two.png

Do check it out here, and do share your feedback if you get around to installing it.

Download Peppermint | Peppermint OS

Good for regular everyday usage, fast, well featured, and extending life of your old hardware.

initpidzero likes this.
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Oh, and its a cloud-centric based OS!

3. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Looks neat.

JD666 likes this.
  4. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Linux has many good lite distros for netbooks and older hardware. You could give PuppyLinux a go as well.

JD666 likes this.