Petrol prices hiked by Rs. 7.50/- effective 24-05-2012

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by SumitB, May 23, 2012.

Share This Page

1. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

All you petrol car owners, bad news for you. Effective midnight, you will pay Rs. 7.50 more per litre of petrol while I continue to leech on your hard earned money to get subsidy on the diesel which powers my vehicles.

Aur do Congress ko vote.

2. kauffmann

kauffmann The Fountainhead

Ho Lee Schit! As soon as I found out about the hike I drove to the nearest petrol pump as fast as I could to be greeted by a massive queue of cars enveloping the whole pump, already waiting. I'd probably have had to wait for a good half hour to 45minutes to get a chance. I just came back home. Meh.

This is a really steep hike though, an unprecendented one, way beyond the manageable levels of the common man. What about diesel cars? Why the ?#@*&%!^$~ do they get to drive around on subsidised fuel while petrol car owners have to bear the brunt of inflation and depriciating rupee. Don't ?#@*&%!^$~ing subsidise diesel by slitting the throats of petrol vehicle owners.

Ho Lee Schit!

PS: Nirmal Baba ki Jai!

3. SumitB

I will continue to leech your hard earned monies by means of the subsidy on diesel till we have these trucks running on the fuel in our country. However, you can seek solace in the fact that after some hue and cry, you will be paying some lesser amount as the govt. will roll back some of this hike.

4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

kogressi govt. they are all scums of the country.

5. kauffmann

Let's hope they do that, even if they do, they'll probably reduce by a few rupees, they won't ever totally recall the whole amount. I get that freight transport majorly runs on diesel, but within the national consumption demographic of diesel, there is a significant percentage of commercial taxi services, private vehicle owners, etc. that are getting subsidies they don't deserve in the first place. There is no friggin reason why someone who can buy a SUV, Merc, BMW, etc. should be getting his tank filled from tax payers money.

Though I'm curious about the statistics for private and commercial (taxi) diesel car owners in India.

6. SumitB

As per an estimate, 40% of diesel consumption in India is for non-truck usage. So at least 4 out of 10 diesel users are leeching your tax. This includes me :p

Also, there may be a hike of Rs. 5/- per litre of diesel soon.

7. kauffmann

Meh. Thankfully Delhi has Metro. If they're going to hike petrol prices they should atleast reinforce the public transportation system, make sure bus routes are well connected, autos ply by the meter, etc.

8. SumitB

Now for some fun.

These from twitter:
    Will post more if I notice anything interesting

9. SumitB

10. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Thank god we have a diesel car. I'm hearing people say that this will help on the rupee situation, my economics is not so good, so anyone able to shed some light on that?

11. SumitB

I am hearing this too. However, if it actually happens, will have to be seen.

12. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

So we are on the same boat? I don't understand the exact mechanics of this. I would have understood if they increased the interest rate, but not this.

13. SumitB

What they are saying is possible in theory but not in practice. I can understand what they're saying but am not too sure if it will actually happen. Lets wait and watch.

BTW, where are JD666 and ManISinJpr.

14. SumitB

This tweet by Omar Abdullah takes the cake for me

JD666 likes this.
  15. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Rupee is really weak , 55-56 for a Dollar now .. India buys a lot of its fuel from Intl. markets which trade in Dollars .. So its due to the fall in the Rupee .. Its paying 10-15% extra to buy the same amount of fuel .. Hence people will now pay 10-15% extra for the same fuel ..

If govt. also hikes Diesel by 10% then it will affect all other commodities by atleast 8-10% = more inflation ..

16. SumitB

And the govt. is thinking that we fools will believe that it has no control over petrol prices. Yeah right!

17. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

It has no control over the International fuel price .. and at the current exchange rate its been all the more worse.

18. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Damn might as well post a notice to all " Don't Buy Petrol Cars, Buy Diesel, increase the load on Petrol prices, so that we can jack up prices more on petrol!! "

Who gets hit the most? Not the car walas. the regular everyday commuter on the 100cc and the likes, who have a restricted travel budget. Damn, what did I do for taking a fuel efficient motorcycle to work? Pay the same as the dude in A/C in the car next to me? Just coz he can afford it, and I can't???

I say hike the price on diesel, Let inflation hit once and for all. Reduce the load on petrol. Bring private transport back under the petrol umbrella by increasing the price of diesel.

This is a one way ride. The more the load on petrol, more sale of diesel vehicles, in turn more load on petrol prices. At this rate, prices could be 100 rs a litre in under 2 years.

19. SumitB

This is not in that context. This is in context that the govt. wants us to believe that the OMCs are independent off the govt. If this would have been the case, why did this rise come one day after the Budget Session?

This ain't happening mate. The govt. will not do this. There will be a hike in diesel prices but not to such a magnitude. Expect a hike of 2-3 rupees soon. Also, a roll back of 2 rupees for petrol is what I predict.

20. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Whatever they do, They need to bring petrol cars back to the market. They also do that by taxing diesel heavily ( which they are already doing, but increase the damn gap ). And give tax benefits on CNG and Petrol vehicles ( AFAIK, CNG is under subsidy as well right??? )

Any TDH is buying a diesel for economic running. Not the genuine ones who have a running of 100 kms or more per day.