Places for Photography enthusiasts/beginners!

Discussion in 'Arts and Photography' started by JD666, Jul 9, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

This is to discuss great locales in the country ( yours truly India! ) for great shots.

This idea came after I saw a photo taken by Stuge in the Rann of Kutch if I remember correctly.

Here are some ideas from my side -

1) The stretch between Pokhran to Jaisalmer to Tanot. Great expanses, no civilization, sand dunes, barren roads, abandoned runways and what not! A photographer's dream come true.

2) Bhiwadi to Alwar to Sariska - Never has a road been so pictuersque/scenic. In the middle of August we had fog hugging the mountain side, and it was bliss!

3) Darjeeling/Gangtok - SumitB could add more to this, but what I remember as a Kid, seeing the sun rise at Batassia Loop was one thing I can never forget. Makes you appreciate the beauty around you.

4) Badrinath/Kedarnath - With practically no pollution, or vegetation, there is no obscurement of vision as far as the eye can see. I remember sitting on the terrace at my hotel in KedarNath, and viewing the Entire Milky way Galaxy. Had I the knowledge, or the apparatus, I would've definitely envied a few people.

Some of the greatest shots can be taken here.

5) Nariman point. - The so called end of Mumbai. Seeing the people, the gathering here is a sight. people sitting on rocks obvious to others, hawkers selling stuff. Its one of the best/craziest places to capture people!

6) Dhanaulti / Tehri - Make for impressive shots. especially when the clouds hug the mountain side so close. Beautiful, untouched!!!

Waiting for inputs from the Photography experts!

Nicko likes this.
  2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

For beginners , they should start with whatevers lying around..Your home , your own backyard.
    The trick is to see from your eyes what the camera lens would see ..

Find a good spot .. focus .. click .. Repeat.
    Same picture taken 3 times will have 3 different results..

When taking photos in a public place try to get distracted or feel self-conscious coz lots of people will turn their heads to stare at the lone guy with a camera. :)
    Zone out other things and just try to take a good photo.

And take many photos.. One thing that really ticks me off (in the age of digital) photography.. is that people still only click just one pic and move on ..
    Seriously .. its not costing you film buddy.

I have to force people to take 3-4 snaps ..

a little OT here but I just had these thoughts in the back of my mind.

ManISinJpr and Nicko like this.
  3. JD666

Thanks dbg for single handedly bringing this whole thread down!! :punch:

:no::whatisthis:

4. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

How? I am from Shillong! Anyways, we do have a lot of scenic and breathtaking locales to take photographs around here.

@dgb thanks for the tips.

5. JD666

SumitB - I was guessing you would've been in and around the area, and could mention some nice locales :eek:

6. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

JD666 I have only been to the start of the Highway which leads us to Darjeeling while driving to and from Delhi. However, the area around Sevoke (which also takes one to Bhutan) is very very scenic but me being me, always screw up on the photography front. Do carry 2 cameras (one PnS and one DSLR) but have never taken photographs on these trips. :fp:

JD666 likes this.
  7. dbg

:troll:
    U MAD BRO ?

8. JD666

just pulling your leg ;)

9. Stuge

Stuge RAID Rookie

add kashmir to this list .I will have visit Kashmir again and go for trekking and camping this time for lakes .Aru and Sonamarg are absolute heaven .Gulmarg is good for summer ,but as per locals must visit in Winters .So ,I might go there in winters too .I want to visit Kashmir in Autumn too :)

Hospitality wise they suck donkey ballz .I had Zero expectations from them in this regards and ended with Neg expectations .Don't book Packages via JKDTC .R

People at Reservation Office Pahalgam(JKDTC) literally shouted at us .We payed for Extra person in Delhi itself ,but the people at reservation office were like we don't care what you did at delhi office you will have to pay extra here .We were given terrible hut .Carpet of the hut was all wet ,but because of the above incident we ignored it .I had to sleep on blanket ( attendant was rude and he was reluctant to give us mattress).

Next time we will prefer to take our own car and avoid booking package via JKDTC at any costs .

JD666 likes this.
  10. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Entire northeast is drop dead gorgeous.
    London is awesome for photography especially in summers.

JD666 likes this.
  11. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

JD666 likes this.
  12. mrnikhilsudo

mrnikhilsudo Don't like Mr suit

haha... we had just been for a nature trail trek yesterday in Sanjay gandhi national park in borivali mumbai, and boy does it have some beatiful species of plants and flowers. Too bad that out of 5 friends 4 of us have dead/spoilt cams and only one piont and shoot nikkon was left to take pics with.

we did gets some good macro shots though. IT was raining and some flowers really good great, although the lighting was far from perfect.

JD666 likes this.
  13. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

There are many places in India and Rajasthan which are worthy of superb shots..

Stuge and JD666 like this.
  14. Stuge

Stuge RAID Rookie

^rajasthan yes ...

15. dbg

All those forts yes.. so much history to be captured. :)