Powdered Beer

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by JD666, Aug 14, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

No kidding, just add water to a sachet and get instant beer!

you need to carbonate it though ( add fizz ).

From the site -

"Beer is typically about 95% water, which makes it heavy, cumbersome, and expensive to transport. But with our innovative and modern brewing process (patent pending) we can create a nearly waterless beer concentrate that contains all the great flavor, alcohol, and aroma of a premium quality micro brew. Our beer is not dehydrated beer!
    Unlike other concentrate processes, this is not just about making the beer and then “removing” the water afterwards (which is extremely energy inefficient). Instead, our process (patent pending) allows us to start with almost no water, and carefully control the environment of the fermentation. The result… concentrated beer with all the same great taste you’re used to in a premium micro brew. All you do is add water, carbonate, and enjoy.
    While you’re enjoying a Pat’s Backcountry™ Beer on your next adventure…consider the benefits to the environment that you’ve helped support by not needlessly burning fossil fuels to process and transport all that extra water!"

Check it out

Beer Concentrate — Pat's Backcountry Beverages

idutt likes this.
  2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

does this mean we can have beer Ice Candy ??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

3. JD666

Dunno how frozen beer would taste though, the alcohol will leave the water and collect separately.

4. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Oh yea .. :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

5. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

6. turbo99i

turbo99i RAID Rookie

Here is my pessimistic opinion - Beer is third most popular drink after water and tea (ref Wikipedia), sure this idea has huge money making potential! But unfortunately different regions of water has different mineral content e.g some are suited some are not! Therefore to have uniformity one would also need consistent source of soda water, which means more packaging and handling! I reckon this is not a great idea :/ definitely not from green, carbon foot print blah blah view!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. JD666

They are supplying a carbonator device with the sachet. So it's a one time investment in a carbonator, and you can then make your beer on the go. Great for traveling, and muc lighter than carrying crates of beer, like we guys had to (over 48 cans and we still ran out, had to get another 24 cans).

Should've seen the bell boys carrying crates of beer behind us as we walked to our rooms in the resort :p

idutt likes this.