Review Quick look at the Samsung Note Edge

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Dec 12, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Had a look at the device upon its launch here.

a - Extremely pricey - Approximately 77,000 INR here

b - The edge display is great to say the least, but features and functionality have to be developed

c - Samsung has really worked on their build quality, fit and feel. The device feels pricey, well built and robust

d - The back was really impressive and good to hold, no slipping business here.

e - Sadly the phone is a tad big for my hands. Had they considered something similar in a smaller form factor, this would've been a tempting deal.

f - The screen is crisp and the colors radiant. Loved the response and fluidity. Guess Android, especially with Samsung's customization on top does need top hardware for a fluid experience.

g - The device is going to be sold in limited pieces. Sub 1000 pieces have made it here according to the Samsung Rep.

h - Need apps that capitalize the curved screen. I envision cut/copy/paste tools, a start menu like bar, quick switch options, list of open apps, notification drawer etc etc.

Some pics -

IMG_2386.jpg IMG_2387.jpg IMG_2388.jpg

If anyone has any queries pertaining to the device, I'd be glad to go check out and provide feedback. ​

2. Stuge

Stuge RAID Rookie

Curved screen doesn't appeal me much .

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

There's nothing to appeal here. It's an additional toolbar/status bar that does not detract from the main display. Used correctly, it can be used to display a host of tools that might take mobile computing one step further.