Discussion RAGE : worst ending ever?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussions' started by BkrevWlevqe, Oct 6, 2012.

Share This Page

1. BkrevWlevqe

BkrevWlevqe RAIDer

Seriously, even ME3's ending pales in comparison to RAGE's ending. RAGE makes you feel stupid for having invested 7-10 hours (or more if you spent time in doing side quests and racing) into it only to face what could possibly be the weakest ending to a game ever. Yeah, it's that bad.

Any words?

2. MajinBuu

MajinBuu BORN TO FRAG ~

Worst ? Very poor choice of word !!!
    I'd rather say Ghey ending....

3. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Some spoilers please Gents .. :)
    what exactly happened

MajinBuu likes this.
  4. BkrevWlevqe

BkrevWlevqe RAIDer

''Fearing a planet-wide extinction from a massive asteroid headed towards Earth, world leaders are faced with the inexorable task of ensuring human survival. Left with few alternatives, life-sustaining pods filled with select people are buried deep beneath the earths surface. You are one of the chosen members of these modern day arks and abruptly enter the RAGE universe after surfacing alone. Leaving you to your own devices to stay alive in a world filled with those who prefer you dead, RAGE combines powerful storytelling with heart-pounding action.''

You wake up, get picked up by kind dude for whom you do a couple of missions involving shooting your way through hordes of enemies. You do that, you move on to another town where you work for the mayor doing more or less the same stuff. You race a bit, upgrade your car with rocket launchers (sweet!) and boosters (sweeeeet!). You find out that the Authority, a military org that rules the wasteland with an iron fist is looking for you. You leg it with the resistance leader named Marshall to a place called subway town, which is a town in a subway
    (Cue :udontsay: ). Marshall tells ya to get some fancy equipment from another 'Ark'. You do so, gunning down hordes of freaks in the process. You get the equipment and it lets you open all Arks on the planet. Dem arks were shut down by the Authority, god knows how. You now have to go to the Authority's main base, Prime or something. You are given a FRIGGING BFG by Marshall who reckons that you'll face untold horrors inside the base.

Ermahgerd! I stocked up on my 'nades and bullets and preserved my BFG ammo, in anticipation of the final boss fight which was sure to come. I legged it to the base, blew up the door, blew up the guards (hell, there were less than 50 of them. And the base was reminiscent of a Quake 3 indoor level, it was very small. Dafooq!) and made my way to the central chamber or whatever. I did some button mashing which would ensure that the Arks would open. I hoped to face something or a horde of baddies so I could put my BFG to use. I hoped to fight against the Authority and free the wasteland of oppression. I wanted to see an epic plot twist that made this thing feel more sci-fi-ish, I don't know, anything.

What I got was a 30 second lame and badly rendered cut scene where a gay satellite orbiting Earth started to emit signals, signals that allowed the Arks to open. There was a small scene where I saw ugly looking Arks open and WOOSH that's it! The credits started rolling it at this point.

Man, screw ID or Bethesda or whoever decided to rush through the development of the last level. And the ending. Gaaah! Rage feels more like a paid BETA of Doom 4. Amirite MajinBuu ?

MajinBuu and ViKiD like this.
  5. MajinBuu

MajinBuu BORN TO FRAG ~

^ indeed ... not to mention those Early bugs... unwanted Virtual Texture Tech... imo the whole game was a MESS... & the Story made it even moar WORSE !!!
    Devs rushed the game, i played the game late by a month due to texture , frame rate issues . This game some what reminds me of Far Cry 2 .

6. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

what game is this exactly???