News Ramdev claims cure for Ebola

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by BANHAMMER, Oct 15, 2014.

Share This Page

1. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Chatni: Ramdev claims cure for Ebola - The Hindu

2. BANHAMMER

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Lol, he'll make headlines when he finds a cure for ED

4. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

This guy.

5. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

Some fact check before posting this would have helped. Malini is a known retard.

Attached Files:

6. BANHAMMER

Oh well, either way, if he made that tall claim, I wont be surprised either.
    That dude is big time wanker.

7. JD666

Ramdev is on twitter. Nice

8. MOZ

Ramdev has overstepped on many issues, agreed, but he has done one thing great that is hard to deny, brought back yoga. He says this is his videos, that he hasn't invented anything, nor is he doing anything new, nor is a guru, those are what people make him out to be, he is just trying to bring back yoga to the masses and get them to understand its many benefits.

9. BANHAMMER

Teaching Yoga on TV, BKS Iyengar must be rolling in his grave.

10. MOZ

Why, what's wrong?

11. BANHAMMER

Yoga is suppose to be taught in person, while supervising. There should be physical touch of Guru involve in teaching yoga.

12. MOZ

Yeah and do good to a handful of people, whereas using technology and getting in touch with so many people and allowing them to understand and practice yoga is wrong; what a joke.

13. JD666

Nah,yoga will now be taught by iPhone and their HealthKits + Apple Watch on your wrist telling you your angles and poses are all messed up.

It'll tell you how to breathe right, while giving you all kinds of life advice as well.

Oh, and you'll have excellent Beats Audio Headphones to hear it all on

14. BANHAMMER

You are an idiot, probably a young one.
    Yoga is more of philosophy than just positions of excercise. I have met dumbfvcks claiming yoga helped them in say 6 months. But that is absolutely bullshit, and it mostly placebo effect, ever rigorous exercise takes longer. Similarly there is subtly to the whole thing, it needs to be monitored and corrected because it works very slowly and on mental level.

15. MOZ

I can't comment on what you believe to be the "right" way to do yoga, because from what I know of you, know matter how much I try, you'll just troll. However from my own experience, it has helped me and other people in the family, just by watching his videos and following them correctly. I don't mean just exercises, but other things as well, regarding what, when and how one should eat and how to go about their daily lives. I think you haven't actually seen any of Ramdev's videos and are just getting on the hate train cause that's the cool thing to do. The results don't come overnight, they take time and often years, and again this is something Ramdev highlights himself, that don't expect change overnight, yoga is a practice in patience as well.

16. BANHAMMER

1. When as a kid, I used to watch BKS Iyengar's program on University grants commission's early morning transmission on DD every morning around 6 am. Where Iyengar used to demonstrate what can be done and achieved though Yoga, this is somewhere between year 1992-97, cannot recall the exact time. He insisted that these demonstrations are not meant to be copied and find a proper guru to get proper training and supervision.
    2. During year 1994, we did get a teacher who taught me few Asans for few days. I got bored and didn't follow it through but he did teach me the ideas and basics. Not to mention my uncle was doing proper weight training and few asans on daily basis.
    3. When in my first company we used to have yoga teacher on Wednesday morning, who taught few things here and there.

Now baba ramdev is class 1 fraud. Whatever he is doing is all placebo crap. And I never cared about Baba ramdev to begin with, but BKS Iyengar himself took the time to comment on Baba Ramdev's misleading people into believing all the crap he is showing on TV. There is hardly anyone more qualified than late BKS Iyenger on the subject of yoga and I would take his word over anyone else's word any time of the day.
    I am seeing these so called Baba Ramdev's pseudo yoga followers for a while and they are not any stunning example of fitness.

17. MOZ

Iyengar ws great and anyone who says otherwise is a fool, however saying he disagreed with remote learning of yoga is wrong, he had books published on yoga and the asans and how to do them. Understanding and evolving with time is somehting many struggle, and possibly even a yoga teacher, technology wasn't prominent in his days of teaching.

Iyengar's issue with Ramdev and the like sis his overselling and commercialization of yoga. And what makes it worse are the fanboys, which iswhat you keep referring to when you say pseudo yoga practitioners. I find that there is this increasing sense of idolisation of people in our society (India as well as abroad), where if someone is good at something, people recognise him for that but blindly follow everything he says and does. This I do not get, and agree the ramdev does a lot of idiotic things and is fraudulent in some of his ways, such as using his yoga videos to promote hindutve political parties and stuff like that. However his yoga teachings have helped many and it's not as if he doesn't acknowledge the need for a real guru. My gradparents have had great benefit from his yoga and have traveled to his ashram to get guidance from yog gurus there as well.

What I'm saying is I don't get the whole either you condemn someone completely or put them on a pedestal, idolise them and believe every word they say. Be smart see what good some has to offer, take it up and know when shit starts going astray.

18. BANHAMMER

I just hate all babas of all kinds, and ramdev is top on the babas.