News Read Tim Cook’s Blisteringly Cheerful Memo to Apple Employees About Patent Victory

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by TheMightyS, Aug 26, 2012.

Share This Page

1. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

The verdict in the Apple vs. Samsung case may mean that over a billion dollars will be headed Apples way out of Samsung's pocket, it was also a moral victory, at least to Tim Cook.

source

2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

I seriously need dislike button here.

3. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

lol... for every apple fanboi we have 10 against it!!!

4. BANHAMMER

This is a classic victory for patent trolls. I have to dislike patent trolls.

5. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

do u know the fact that in 2010 when stevie was at the helm, still alive and kickin, he offered to license them or asked them to devise their own path ahead

6. BANHAMMER

Sun Microsystem devised a new UI around when it was still sun and Mr Jobs was around. So Mr Jobs called Schwartz telling him to stop else he will be sued. On which Schwartz told Steve that if he wants to play the patent game with Sun microsystem, he will sue the ?#@*&%!^$~ out of Apple. Given the number of patents sun microsystem has, they can destroy entire Mac ecosystem. Patent trolling is classic case of trying to win lost battles, Samsung is a genuine threat to iphone markets, so apple is going after them otherwise, if it was matter of any principles then some of these patents are complete utterly bogus. Anyway, I think software patents are stupid, they should not be allowed(they are not allowed in europe). These patent battles are basically ransoming courts and law bodies in whoring for profit.

7. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

never heard bout it .. but i do kno that after stevie was gone.. multiple attempts were made to buyout/ merge with apple

8. BANHAMMER