Reliable Avenger Mechanic?..bitter experience at service centers

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by Abhishek Gautam, Feb 22, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Abhishek Gautam

Abhishek Gautam RAID Rookie

Hi All,

I have an eight year old Avenger 180, I live in south delhi and I just finished a long tour. The bike had a minor leak on the head cap..got it fixed from Karol Bagh before the trip..but there is a leak again, there was also a leak from the gasket (which I got repaired in Jaisalmer). I figured on the trip that I am losing excess engine oil and the service station at Banglore said there is a sound from timing chain, so that that may need to be replaced. I have been utterly frustrated with Dewan, Bagga and many other service centers, I have spent a lot of money without having a satisfactory repairs done from them...and honestly I do not trust their advise. Having said that mechanics in Karol Bagh do not look too reliable either. I wonder if someone could give me details of a trust worthy mechanic for Avenger. I have a few more rides to be done and need to fix the bike urgently. Thankssss....

Abhishek

2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

JD666

Hi Abhishek .. thanks for posting your query.
    Our resident bike expert is out of the country at the moment :) so there might be some delay in getting response.

harryneopotter - Any clues ?

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Hehe dbg - I have ridden his bike personally, and am quite aware of the issues he has been having.

Abhishek - Firstly, welcome to the forum! Secondly, call me whenever you are in NCR, I'll take you to my mechanic in Bajaj, who takes care of the Duke. He's a great chap, and will come real handy in fixing everything.

Though what I do feel is if the bike is losing engine oil, and its not due to the leak in the head, it could be the rings as well.

What I would recommend? A partial overhaul, with replacement of timing gear + all gaskets and seals, and also a compression check to make sure the rings are ok.

You got your rear drum issue fixed right?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2013 ---
    PS - thread moved to automobile section :)

4. Abhishek Gautam

Thanks - JD666...I reached delhi today,shall ring u tomorrow. If the engine work is exhaustive I better be prepared for the expenses :(

JD666 likes this.
  5. Abhishek Gautam

and ..yah ...drum got fixed by a sardarji in Govindpuri..shall talk more later

JD666 likes this.