Royal Enfield Launches the 500, price released

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Apr 13, 2013.

Share This Page

1. turbo99i

turbo99i RAID Rookie

I believe, It's all about ethos of RE,the surviving legacy. No matter how few they were produced, they had always seen serious use in past, specially between 60's till early 80's. RE is incarnation of desi Harley Davidson, what RE mustn't do, try dilute the image by doing random experiments to entice kids. The concept of universal usage bikes should be thing of past. If we stay focused on product requirement and be slightly more serious about core customers, then I'm sure the hue and cry of people will see an end. RE is trying to make bikes more fashionable to tap into the wider customer base, the downside, fashion sees an end pretty soon as well. Good for RE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD666 likes this.
  2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

I don't think Harley and RE have anything common per se. RE are totally British legacy bikes while Harley is altogether an american bike. If at all there is something common between bikes it might be BSA bikes with RE and may be Norton. And Harley is more comparable to Indian Chief bike.

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

The image and appeal that RE has in India, is akin to what Harley has in America.

turbo99i likes this.
  4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

So, only thing common here is that conception of macho men's bike.

There are few more things which are not common
    1. Most ladies with middle class or Rural upbringing in India thinks that Bullets are unsafe and make grunting annoying noise.
    2. Most middle class good american families think Harley or any other choppers are for hooligans

3. The Classic bikes in India are Bullet without feel and not to mention they are considered bikes for Military
    4. In American classic bikes are Indian Chief and Norton, Harley for all practical purposes is considered more modern chopper

5. Now a lot of bullets, leathers and metal jewellery and stud clad stuff is consider part of Gay culture in Americas. It is no more macho.
    6. In India we don't have much subcultures in existence it is all vanilla class based categorization. Mostly expensive bikes are considered a part of show-off whose got more money ritual.