Information Samsung features 20nm DDR4 Modules, here's what it means.

Discussion in 'PC Hardware and Software' started by JD666, Dec 25, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Expect 4GB memory to go main stream in flag ship Mobile devices from second half of 2015.

01.jpg

Samsung also claims that they are now able to make a 128 GB DDR4 RAM Module if needed for the PC market. Which is a whopping lot of storage.

02.jpg

The newer DDR4 memory also offers 3,200 Mega bytes bandwidth and transfer speeds upwards of 30Gb/s.

03.jpg

This should enable devices to be able to use this additional capability to process, capture and save 2K/4K resolution video easily.

04.jpg

DDR4 as DDR3, runs on lower voltage and consumes lesser power. This could translate into better battery life for mobile devices and lesser power consumption for PCs or Servers. For now the JEDEC standards appear to be pretty much defined, so how well would these over clock, only time would tell.

05.jpg
    It also offers a 100% detection of random errors, which is all Greek to me. So I'll let the PC gurus do the talking here. What I understand is how fast, how much, what performance, what speed/bandwidth :D

06.jpg
    Finally here is a comparo of DDR4 vs DDR3 RAM, and the differences between them.

For those really interested in further studying, attached is Samsung's brochure for the DDR4 RAM.

Attached Files:

2. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

X99.... then Skylake... post Broadwell ;)