Event Samsung Unpacked 2013 live!

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Mar 15, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Watch it here guys -

2. JD666

Few minutes to beginning of the show!

3. JD666

I was expecting more crowd, only 420,000 odd watchers

Smart scroll is a feature!
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 15, 2013 ---
    441 ppi

130 gms

just 7.9mm thick
    It gets a IR LED for usage as a remote control. That's a great touch.

4. JD666

13MP rear, 2MP front,

2gb ddr3 ram,

Infrared gesture and Temperature and humidity sensor. Naice!
    2600 mAh battery.

5. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

JD666 likes this.
  6. Sunit JC

Sunit JC ActiveRAIDer

Not worth upgrading if you already have a s3 or note2..
    Samsung has revealed that it will be bringing many of the new software features introduced in the Galaxy S 4 to its Galaxy S III smartphone.
    This includes the Dual Camera, Dual Video Call, Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, Story Album, S Translator, Samsung Smart Pause, Samsung Smart Scroll and S Voice Drive..

said Nick DiCarlo, Samsung’s vice president of portfolio planning

Source: Samsung Galaxy S 4 software features will come to Galaxy S III

7. Sunit JC

Sunit JC ActiveRAIDer

Here are all the available accessories for the Galaxy S4:

s4  (1).jpg s4  (2).jpg s4  (3).jpg s4  (4).jpg s4  (5).jpg s4  (6).jpg s4  (7).jpg s4  (8).jpg s4  (9).jpg s4  (10).jpg s4  (11).jpg s4  (12).jpg

dbg likes this.
  8. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Samsung has pulled an "Apple" .. too bad there isn't going to be immediate availability.

The phone is not that drastically better.. but the overall package is pretty impressive. Samsung has managed to carve its own little eco-system within the Android sphere.

I am really liking the S-View Cover :) .. hope to see some clones coming for other popular models .. *hint* *hint*

I caught the presentation half-way when they started the extravagant-broadway "show n tell" about the various S-Features .. I didn't catch any mention of HW specs or figures, just usability cases and it seemed pretty convincing. Though much of what Samsung presented already exists in some form or the other, Samsung has just polished it and presented to us in its own unique packing .. aka "Apple-d us" :)

Quick question on the Wireless Charging - Some early reviews suggested that S4 is not Qi compatible and would use its own standard.?

9. Luciffer

Luciffer Satan Spawn Staff Member

dbg : The S-view cover isn't anything new, there's one.. actually several different ones available for my phone. Check e-bay.. might be there for your phone too. (Which phone do you have?)

Watched the presentation from start to finish thanks to JD666 ...
    Whereas I was really impressed with some features, the best part for me was that it was "a better apple than apple" presentation.

There was No single feature in there that would convince me that this was a better phone than mine.
    Or that any feature that they had would beat my phone's best advantage.. that being the solid integration between my phone and my PC, and even my gaming system. My phone informed me that the game I was currently playing on my xBox had an update!! NONE of my doz or so android devices remotely comes close!

JD666 likes this.
  10. JD666

+1 to what Luciffer said. This phone targets windows more than it does iOS.

There are a lot of features that microsoft has integrated very well with Windows 8 on PC and on cellphone.

Android was lacking that, since it essentially has to be ported either on Mac or Windows. The USP of Mac/Apple was taken up by Windows, and now Android also had to respond to the same.

11. dbg

The PC has traditionally been Microsoft territory so Android hasn't lost any influence there..

However it still controls the online space.

It has the near monopoly in email + search + mapping + advertising platform

Its the most open ended OS so it will have applications at places where Windows can never reach. eg. There is a satellite in orbit powered by a Nexus One running a modified version of Linux.

Chromebooks have shown basic usage of laptops is possible outside of the traditional OS model.

The choice comes down to an online ecosystem vs a desktop one. Where do you think the future lies..

12. JD666

What I see, the future is all-in-one. Your cell phone. It'll double up as your work laptop/Desktop, your home entertainment control centre ( under different profiles/setups obviously ), and your Man Friday.

13. dbg

Android is leading that race..

14. solarplexus

solarplexus - not here - Staff Member