Discussion Sick and Tired of BSNL

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Apr 9, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

For every 3 months of service that I get, 1 month is spent getting the line to work. And when it does, it's either noisy or the internet connection is abysmally slow.

I get a non functional modem with my DSL connection. I spent 2 weeks just getting the damn adapter replaced. Finally I got a local one, and started using it.

For the last 3 weeks I have been running around, calling, emailing, logging complaints and what not. Nothing.

Now finally when I threatened the JDE/SDO whatever of sending an email to higher ups on the incompetence being shown, they might come and fix it.

Anyhow, I have had it. Anyone knows the process of disconnecting a BSNL connection? I am sure it would be a long PITA.

2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

BSNL and MTNL have been having issues for the past 1 month at national level.

3. JD666

Absolutely useless they are. No wonder why they don't turn a profit or anything.

Anyhow, no action till now. So tomorrow I go and get my number disconnected.

4. Invader

Invader RAID Rookie

I'm using some local internet which claims to be an associate of Zee networks .. known as Sity Broadband ...2mbps ul for 1060 .. and yes ... BSNL sucked bad ...downtimes ..uneven speeds .. high pings to servers .. wasnt at all worth

5. JD666

Unfortunately, no such private ISPs in my area. :(

Now I gotta clear the billing first and then submit application tomorrow for closure. Which is another PITA

Invader likes this.
  6. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Its not their job to turn a profit.. Its a national enterprise. If AIRTEL Reliance were made to cover every remote village and forest with cell towers they would just as easily crumble ..

BSNL still has one of the (if not the) largest Optical Cable network in the country which is leased out to other operators.

Rockfella likes this.
  7. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Largest network in India is RailNet for the record. Don't know about optical fibre.

8. JD666

They do have the largest optical fibre network. If you ever go driving in the hills you can see these bright orange cables on the hillside, with something like a old candle type water filter (Amplifier ) fitted in between.

But their sites don't work. There are multiple sites to do the same damn work. No link works, or either browser is not supported or some issue or the other.

Today the line man came, all haughty and with attitude. I took him to the computer room to check the line.

I booted up the PC to check the internet connection. You guys would remember the smaller Blue chair around my Main PC chair. This guy tries to yank it out from behind me (I am sitting on the main PC chair).

I just gave him one cold stare, and he was standing in rapt attention again. Anyhow. Just cleared my bill.

Tomorrow to take the receipt and do away with this. I'd rather pay CrapTel for awfully slow however reliable connectivity rather than this.

9. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

This thread is scaring me because i have BSNL now :(

10. idutt

idutt RAID Rookie

better call airtel again & get a connection without a landline no. like the one you already have ie the airtel wifi connection

11. WingZero

WingZero RAID Rookie

Here's how i got it disconnected.

Took all the landline, adapters with me to the required center
    Wrote a hand written letter on reason for disconnection.
    Submitted both. Paid pending amount if any. Got a computer generated receipt of disconnection and submission of the equipment.
    Done.

JD666 likes this.
  12. JD666

Thats what I was advised today as well. I have a modem and an instrument that they had given me. I intend taking both there tomorrow and getting it over finally.

13. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

I wonder how you know about my previous connection :eek: I had a landline connection but never kept the instrument connected and i've never used wi-fi.

14. idutt

idutt RAID Rookie

sorry must have quoted you by mistake I meant to quote jd