Some handy tips/tricks to maximize the fuel efficiency of your vehicle

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, May 24, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

Cool. Thanks.

2. Acroback

Acroback RAID Rookie

Not sure if engine flush is required in every service for a Diesel. Just redline a diesel once in a while and it will flush out itself to some extent.

Also, update on mileage. In bangalore traffic mileage from Duster is stuck on 16.6kmpl as per MID( 16.3 kmpl as per tank full to tank full method ). Also, gear box and clutch assembly have bedded in to some extent. Gear shifts are precise and require lot less effort than initial days.

10 days and 950Kms and counting.

Also, I was unable to find engine oil grade or make or type anywhere. This is disappointing .

Another strange issue I have is that, suddenly engine is starting to feel gruff when I go past 2200 rpm. This was not the case with the new vehicle. trouble or normal?

JD666 likes this.
  3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Its normal. Relax, and enjoy the drive. Filling up from the same station?

4. Acroback

Acroback RAID Rookie

No, not really.
    But looks like I ll have to find a reliable pump which dispenses quality Diesel.
    BTW post 1000kms, mileage has started to rise upwards :D. 16.9kmpl now in city driving.

What more can I ask from this car? I am sure with my driving style, I can easily get mileage in mid twenties on highways.

Yay, to K9K engines. A robust long lasting engine with almost nil turbolag and high fuel efficiency. Just what home department ordered.

harryneopotter and JD666 like this.
  5. Stuge

Stuge RAID Rookie

16.9kmpl is pretty good

Sent from my XT535 using Tapatalk 2

6. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

JD i need the phone/address of the shop for that rear frame we talked about :rock: The one in Faridabad?