Derp Stuff that makes me wonder

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by JD666, Jan 11, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

To share thoughts that have stumped you time and again -

1) Why do all damn countries have different type of plug points! Why couldn't sometime post world war 2, standards be established, that would have ensured that we don't have to carry convertors/adapters and what not!!!

( I have read up on this, but still not satisfied! )

2. turbo99i

turbo99i RAID Rookie

Follwoing to this why do we have left & right hand drives? why do we have MPG or KMPL, metrics or imperial! I guess its a Question of legacy dear.

JD666 likes this.
  3. JD666

This is a spam thread bhai, So all stuff with no sense goes here :p

But yes, why drive on the left or on the right. Why not fit steering wheel in the middle like McLaren F1!!

Why have silly quarts and ounces, which don't even round off properly!!!

Why not simply make it 4 litres to a Gallon! Why have inches when mm/cm are great! and more accurate!!

4. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Trust me, there will be one day. Just like mobile chargers, the microUSB has now established itself as a standard, similarly we will have something for power plugs, but it will take a loooooooooong time.

BTW, JD, do you see a trend, everything seems to point to the fact that the Americans want to be different.

JD666 likes this.
  5. JD666

^^ If you actually look at it, more countries drive on the right of the road than on the left. All the British territories are mainly the ones left that drive on the left.

The whole idea is that one should go with the majority. Its like format wars between Blu Ray and HD-DVD.

Unfortunately introducing a new digital format is much easier than retrofitting/upgrading an existing one. Uniformity in outlet plug designs would be great, however it's not going to happen, since everyone is going to have appliances that they would wanna run on the old socket they had.

Mobile phones keep getting upgraded, by companies and by end users, so the charging port can be standardized. People don't normally change the power outlets in their homes once installed unless faulty.

But yeah, the ounces, pounds, gallon, inches system does not make sense to me at all!!!!!

6. Vinny

Vinny RAID Rookie

bascailly these y's have very difficult answers :p

Rockfella, MOZ and JD666 like this.
  7. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Why there are two kinds of endianess?
    Big Endian and Small endian?
    Why can't they standardize power supplies/ports/memory etc/

8. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

Why this cholapuri c :fp: Why some people have big noses like a classmate of my brother had a big one and he called her Bhurri.

9. BkrevWlevqe

BkrevWlevqe RAIDer

How come a Brit speaks fluent Chinese after waking up from an accident? All languages are hard coded in our brains, we just need the right tools to break 'em out. Same goes for our intelligence, we can amp it up to inhuman proportions if we had access to MindAMP! software.

Why don't we have a 'maximum strength' button that can be flicked on to amp up adrenaline and strenghthaline and inhalaline?

JD666 likes this.
  10. JD666

Is the world really the color that we see it to be??

11. BkrevWlevqe

BkrevWlevqe RAIDer

Sometimes I wonder if mirrors show us something else and not what we really look like.

JD666 likes this.
  12. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

thats true actually !

13. JD666

Elaborate...

14. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

15. BkrevWlevqe

BkrevWlevqe RAIDer

Lol no, that's about as true as the moon landings by NASA.

Why is Batman not real?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 31, 2013 ---
    Why haven't we had conclusive proof of the existence of extraterrestrials with access superior technology? I've seen some of them myself and I'm sure aliens exist.

16. BkrevWlevqe

BkrevWlevqe RAIDer

Le lame proof of le UFO:

[​IMG]

17. Luciffer

Luciffer Satan Spawn Staff Member

Huh? Me thinks you yourself is proof enough for the rest of us :)

18. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

19. BkrevWlevqe

BkrevWlevqe RAIDer

Lol die, it was on the 5th of August or something, in the year 2009, at about 11:30 PM. It was an incredible sight.

20. BkrevWlevqe

BkrevWlevqe RAIDer

Moi description of le events, from the year 2009:

"It was between 11:10 to 11:30 on the night of Raksha Bandhan in 2009. I'm from Kolkata. I was enjoying the breeze on the rooftop of an 11 story building in my complex when I noticed a glowing ball with rotating spokes to my left. It appeared bigger than the moon. I tried to take a pic of it with my phone but it didn't respond (its one of those flip open phones; I think the camera wire was damaged). I called my friend who lives nearby and asked him to look to the South West. By then the UFO was silently flying over me. As it flew over me the lights on the rooftop (the ones which were on) flicked off and the door behind me slammed shut. I was extremely scared. I fancy I saw a little grayish-greenish colored thing, 3-4 feet tall with big black eyes stare at me as the door shut itself, but it was maybe a product of my scared mind. The UFO flew ahead and vanished into thin air. I went downstairs to my house, scared and...sort of curious. Its a real shame that I could not get a picture of it or a recording. It would have shocked the world and I would have known if the alien was real or just a hallucination.

Later when I discussed the UFO with my cousin, the call got disconnected whenever i mentioned the sighting. This went on for 3-5 times. After that cousin's phone got switched off. Very unusual. Nothing much happened after that. I found out that the lights on the roof had blown up.

Any explanations? And no, I wasn't on weed or pot or anything."

I got a reply from a Mr.Sudharson who is a ufologist (probably the only one in India. Or a weed/pot junkie, or both). He asked-

wow.....tats informative

i have few questnss...

1. have u seen ufo's before anytime in ur life?
    2. the ufo was yellow and had spokes.. hw many spokes did it have?? and wer they located in a uniformity on the surface of the ball??
    3. u said u saw a possible alien .. did u c it aftr the slam door ? and hw many minuts did u c it?
    4.wen u saw the alien was there the ufo still howering?
    5. was there any beam of light pointing at u or anywher frm the ufo?
    6.wat was the distance frm u and the ufo?
    7. distance frm u and the alien?
    8. distance frm alien and ufo(if ufo was still in the sky)
    9. in wat way the spokes were rotating?
    10. did u xperience any physical problem aftr tat? like unexplained marks, rashes ?
    11. do u personally think tat the ufo was the cause fr the floor light to bcum short and ur mobile to nt respnd?
    12. is ther any possibility tat any1 else cud have seen it?
    13. hw big was da object?

and dont feel sorry fr not takin a pic... its nt ur fault and b happy and lucky!!! u hav seen a miracle.. a rare phenomenon, which most ppl evn don feel its exist

Ouch at the grammar. I replied-

1) I've seen a shooting star, but not a ufo.
    2)The spokes were present all over the ball and were slowly rotating.
    3)I saw the thing for 3-4 seconds. It stared at me before the door very quickly shut itself.
    4)I couldn't see the ufo then. But maybe it was there because i saw it later and i was looking at the alien thing at that time.
    5)The whole thing was glowing!
    6)About 1 km.
    7)15 meters.
    :cool:Same as answer 6.
    9)The spokes were rotating in different directions. There were about 17-20 spokes.
    10)No. Nothing.
    11)Yes. Maybe an EMP burst or something happened. Also, the floor lights got shorted when ufo was over it.
    12)As I said I was talking to my friend. he saw it when I told him to go to his rooftop.
    13)It appeared bigger than the moon. I guess it was in reality as big as a bus.