Stylize Me 1.0

Discussion in 'PC Hardware and Software' started by MOZ, Feb 25, 2013.

Share This Page

1. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Please consider donating if you find this add-on useful. Contact:moz@raid101.com
    This release can be upgraded using the Add-On Installer by Chris Deeming
    [​IMG]

[accordion=bcenter|85%]
    {slide=Description|open}This addon allows users to stylize their username and title using HTML and CSS. This is permission based so administrators can choose which users/groups are allowed and which are not. It also allows the use of stylized username in places where XenForo would generally not use what is called "rich" username.

ScreenShot00089.png

{/slide}
    {slide=Features}
    -Style username
    -Style users' title
    2013-02-25_162451.png 2013-02-25_162112.png
    2013-02-25_162633.png

-Support for "dirty" html which is automagically cleaned
    2013-02-25_162310.png

-Administrators can change styling used by users in the AdminCP
    -Permission based styling for users
    -Administrators can choose which tags and attributes can be used in styling
    -Use rich usernames (Stylized) in places where XenForo would generally use simple usernames.
    2013-02-25_162735.png

{/slide}
    {slide=Admin Options}
    Once installed, you can change various options in the 'Options' section on your site. As an administrator you can choose which tags and attributes are allowed, this way their is no javascript event execution and there is tighter control on what the user may use. You may also choose to override some of the default styling used for usernames and titles in xenforo. Below are screenshots of the options available:
    ScreenShot00084.png
    ScreenShot00085.png

To allow a user to change the styling, give them permissions in 'User Permissions' or 'Group Permissions'.
    Their are two permissions, each for username customisation and title customisation.
    ScreenShot00090.png

{/slide}
    {slide=Installation}Use Add-On Installer by Chris Deeming or the following:
    1. The zip file contains an "upload" folder. Upload the contents of the folder in the root XF folder, thereby creating a library/HtmlUserNames directory on your server.
    2. The zip file contains a "addon-HtmlUserNames.xml" file. Import the appropriate XML in your Admin CP.
    {/slide}
    {slide=Usage}
    -Once installed, and setup in the AdminCP, admins can go to user edit page and a tab titled 'Stylize Me' would be available, click on it and you can change the styling for the user.
    ScreenShot00086.png

-Once a user has permissions they can go to their preferences page a style their username and/or title depending on permissions given. An explanation of how to style, what tags and attributes may be used will be displayed as well as the current style.

-Their is inbuilt validation to make sure when setting up the styling, the required placeholders ({username} and {usertitle}) are placed exactly once or the field left empty.
    ScreenShot00091.png

{/slide}
    {slide=Technical details}
    • This addon add two columns to the xf_user column which are removed on uninstall
    • As such, this addon can be disabled or uninstalled very easily without any lasting effects
    • This addon has 0 query overhead.
    • If you have Template Modification System, this addon will install 2 modifications.
    {/slide}
    {slide=Support/Enhancements}To report any bugs please feel free to contact the developer and also submit the bugs at Stylize Me | RAID101
    To suggest new features/more sorting options please feel free to contact the developer or submit your requests at Stylize Me | RAID101
    {/slide}{slide=Acknowledgements}Special Thanks to DarkGizmo for helping in testing this addon.
    {/slide}
    [/accordion]
    [​IMG]

kazirhut, Smokey and harryneopotter like this.
  2. Smokey

Smokey RAID Rookie

Fantastic mod and glad to help test it out. (It's DarkGizmo, just used a different name :p)

Looking forward to testing future versions. :)

For those of you interested in what this mod does and would like to see it in a live environment, you can do so here. :)

My users and staff absolutely love the mod and are anxiously awaiting the next version. :)

JD666, MOZ and dbg like this.
  3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Kudoz MOZ , Great job!

4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

I want to use this one for myself. Have we installed it?

5. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

No, not yet.