Advise Suggestion for audio type for TV

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by DaRampage, Aug 12, 2012.

Share This Page

1. DaRampage

DaRampage RAID Rookie

I have this TV at home and my viewing distance (room) isn't too much. Hardly 12 feet and is OK for me.
    I play movies via USB (pen drive) and wanted to know how I can get the fullest.

LG 32LK430 LCD TV - New Member of the Jazz Series LCD TV - LG Electronics IN

Please check the specs, and tell me whether I should get files with 2.1 audio or 5.1. Will it make any difference.
    Won't be buying any home theatre system in the next 1 year.

2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

It won't really make a difference. LCD TVs essentially have stereo speakers, so a 2.1 audio track would be fine.

what would matter is the bitrate of the audio track since quality will depend on that.

Most Dolby decoders today decode 2.1 into pseudo 5.1 signal, in the absence of a dedicated 5.1 signal.

So till you don't upgrade your audio system, no worries on listening to the audio on the tv

3. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Correcto .. TV is Stereo so matter of channels being 5.1 or 2.1

Are you sure you wanna go through the process of reencoding all your movies, coz it wont make a difference since they've already been compressed.