Surface mount speaker suggestion

Discussion in 'Arts and Photography' started by JD666, Feb 12, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

There isn't a lot of space to be cut out in my Nano to install decent speakers. And the engine hum intrusion is quite high.

I did consider these -

pioneer.jpg pioneer02.jpg

Pioneer surface mount speakers. However at over 8k shipped, they are quite expensive. And I was hoping to install 4 such speakers, 2 smaller ones in the front, and 2 bigger ones in the back.

Options -

a) To get cheap 5.1 speakers, and install the satellites in 4 corners.

Issues - No bass, and the speakers won't last in the heat and dust of a car interior.

b) To invest in an alternate/cheaper set of surface mount speakers. Mount them vertically on either side of the C pillar, firing forward.

c) No idea. Help!

What do u suggest??

2. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

The Pioneer's are 8k for a pair?

This idea's gonna take some effort, try buying a component set and make 6x6x[3]? MDF box enclosure for it and install 2 on the dash. However the speakers will look out of place, try finishing it with a thick cloth tightly spread across the surface of the box joining it to the dash. The cloth can be painted/drenched to have that color.

I have seen option a) being used in a lot of towns up north, works for them. Just get a set with a huge woofer.

3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I know what you are referring to, but that's gonna look too crude for what's possible. I contemplated using the satellites from a old 2.1 system :D