Tackling cleanliness issues in pubs

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by Shatter, Sep 28, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

So you're enjoying your time in a pub, gulping down those mugs and munching on the crisps. Suddenly you see a roach roaming around the crisps you were just enjoying your drinks with. The waiter is notified immediately and the roach is flicked off faster than the speed of light.

Now, the ones with a couple of mugs down would've forgotten about it and would be merrily singing along with the song playing. Others although the ones who really care about what touches their food other than human fingers, I ask you on how to deal with this situation?

JD666 likes this.
  2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

seems like you have moved to Europe?

3. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

I really want to, but the planet krypton needs me. :punch:

So, is it too much to ask for a fresh plate of crisps, and on asking upon being denied with a disgusted grunt?
    We pay for a full plate of food, not a full plate of food and some portions of roaches!

4. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

What pub are we talking bout ??
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 28, 2012 ---
    Shatter - I'll be in Pune for the weekend .. suggest some places to checkout .. like the Sandwich place you had mentioned .. :)

5. BANHAMMER

well, in US, they would go as far as spitting in food if they are annoyed. Though same doesn't apply to EU and Asian countries.

6. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

dgb, we are talking about the only rock pub in pune. Used to be good, maybe age caught up with it.

initpidzero, Haha, we're not talking about annoyance at all. given the above situation, what would be the justified action that would make the management realize the importance of being tidy and still continue to have a nice time in the pub.

7. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

I know not much about Pune .. you mean HRC right ?

8. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

No bro, m talking about Toons, MG Road.

9. BANHAMMER

yaar toons stating becaming shit as it picked up popularity. It was pretty shit in 2005, i cannot imagine how far has it gone now.
    We used to go to apache, which played good tunes, souls in ABC farms, good music. Then there was one pub called as symphony near SIMS pune, which was good music.

10. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

It gotten a jukebox now! An well, serves cheap beer. hence the hype.
    About the rest, they're all decent. With Hidden place(was it there during your time?) , Cafe 1730, Doolalys, Cafe Tjs. There are a lot of new pubs which are doing way better.

11. BANHAMMER

yeah this was between 2004-2008. toons was primarily for college crowd. we had enough money to hit almost all pub when we were earning, so we really never bothered about booze price, but i guess we tried almost all pubs, restaurant and food joint in pune. WE were supervellas.

12. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

Haha, Every college going kid is extremely vella here. lol
    The prices are almost the same everywhere now, it seems quality of service, ambiance etc has started coming before the price.

13. kauffmann

kauffmann The Fountainhead

Personally if I was really pissed I'd send them a legal notice. Inform the manager about the legal action I'm going to take and the letters I'm going to shoot to the higher up in the authority seeking a revocation of license, the basis of alottment and the subsequent failure to monitor cleanliness and safety standards on the part of the authority.

I would politely inform him how I will not rest until I make sure they are held to task for it. You don't ?#@*&%!^$~ around with a consumer who is aware of his rights and knows the right doors to knock.

Shatter likes this.
  14. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

frankly in this sense.. kolkata is a lot better... at a fine dining restaurant had a small piece of mesh in the food.. the whole food(it was a party of 25-30 ppl) was on the house.. on another instance at shisha .. there was this chinked glass that the drink was served in and since it was all friends we had downed more than a couple of gulps before we noticed.. called the waiter -> immediately replaced..havent had roaches issue ever though !!

had an issue with the pizza place .. did exactly that .. and got 10 vouchers for Pizzas free .. no need to buy anything

15. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

It is not a matter of USA or EU.. but this issue should not be tolerated anywhere in the world.
    You should have made a formal complaint and got the issue resolved.

16. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

take a photo of the roach (with the food) and then call the manager.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    kauffmann: 48 Points (that's what i call a smart thinker!) Oct 2, 2012
    Shatter and kauffmann like this.
  17. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

^ haha.

18. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Take a photograph that ensures that the background is in view. Show the snap to them, and let them know, either fix the situation ( cleanliness ) and make your bill free ( of course, why not ), and or else, the images would be shared happily on FB/Twitter etc etc etc.

If they threaten further, tell them, that this is just the start, legal options will also be exercised. Simple :)

And always speak to the manager, not the waiter. Ask explicitly for the manager on duty.

Rockfella likes this.
  19. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

Stop going to that pub for ?#@*&%!^$~'s sake!

20. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

Yeah better option. Get free drinks and food after that, if they don't budge create a scene so they get more free stuff. Have fun move out and don't give idealistic lectures to the manager. Wise don't need advise and fools don't listen :p:p