Ten things not to do while drunk

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by JD666, Aug 7, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Caution_drunk_crossing.png

Besides the Golden rule of not talking about religion, politics, or women :D

Alcohol affects each one of us in different ways. For some it's euphoric and brings about an intense sense of happiness and excitement. For others it creates a brooding atmosphere of sadness and depression. In either scenario, here are certain things one must not do, at any cost, and this goes for the women as well

1 - No work email/SMS/phone call -

And by No, I mean a big NO! Have experienced way too many slurry, incoherent phone calls, emails and text messages to clearly advise, this is a big no. You'll damage not only your reputation and cred, but also end up doing something that you are going to regret BIG Time. Drinking time is fun time, keep the office out of it. Better, leave your office mobile, BB at home (unless your GF/BF is going to ping you and your partner might find out :D

2 - No getting (too) drunk with office mates -

At the end of the day, they are your office colleagues, not friends (well not always, but still). Getting way too drunk with them especially is not something that will go away easily. Your friends might take a few pictures of you and rib you about passing out last night; Your colleagues will make sure you remember it everytime you meet em.

3 - Post on social networks/comment on friend's update -

It might seem like a good idea when you're high, but you might regret it the next day. Have a simple rule with your friends, no uploading drunk images or status updates etc. It'll keep things much easier and less embarrassing. Also avoid commenting/liking/tweeting anything that seems just right at that moment. It's not you, and its probably not something you would want others to read. So be very very very careful.

4 - Call/Text someone -

Be very careful who you call, and whose call you answer. If possible, start with a disclaimer that you are slightly to moderately high, and it would be best if you spoke later. Also avoid those pangs to call your ex and tell em how much you miss him/her or what an a$$hole they are. It'll save you a lot of headache.

5 - Get into a fight or argument -

Remember, alcohol affects everyone differently. The meek guy your friend just introduced you to, might be a totally different person under the influence. Avoid prolonged arguments. If you can feel your volume rising during a conversation, and it happens more than twice, you need to calm the F down. (Not that you'll be sober to realize that). So always, discuss subjects with a cool head and open mind. People get more and more opinionated as they get drunk, and they tend to stick to it stronger when high.

You'll never get a point across to a drunk person. And you might just end up getting into a scuffle. It might seem fine when you're high, but things can quickly get out of control and escalate into much worse. Better to come home than to end the night in a hospital. (Been a part of too many drunk fights/arguments to now know better).

6 - Get physical otherwise -

Avoid cozying up with someone, especially if that someone is a crush or a complete stranger. You might either send across a completely incorrect impression, or regret it the morning after. Also the chances of things going wrong are much higher when you are high. So no action when you're boozing.

7 - Flirt with someone -

Beer Goggles is a thing. Learn and remember that.

If you really like someone you just met, take a break, go to the loo. Try and remember their face. If you can recollect, you're good (for now) If you cannot remember how they look, you need to back off the booze and probably the hitting as well (For all you know he/she would've disappeared by now). But don't come across as someone desperate, when you're too drunk.

The mind tries too hard to please, and you end up appearing wasted than you actually are.

8 - Talk about personal issues -

Or probe someone else to talk about theirs. Especially if you are in a group. In a one to one drinking session it's fine. But no one in a group wants to know whats your latest dilemma or sob story. Everyone's there to have a good time. Starting out with a sad story is only going to spoil the fun and the night.

9 - Drive -

As much as in control you believe you are/would be, alcohol does numb the senses and our reaction times. You wouldn't wanna live with the guilt of killing someone just because you thought you could drive and it was manageable. It's not.

10 - Over do the booze or Food -

Remember, alcohol makes our body crave for fatty, sugary food. And that cannot really be a good good thing. And the high of alcohol makes our body want more alcohol. Set a limit on what you eat and what you drink. Decide the time/duration of your outing/party and pace yourself accordingly. There's no point being drunk as hell and not enjoying your night. And the next morning as well.

If you have done three or more from the above list, this article needs a share from you!

If you liked it, do share and spread the word! Hic.

Drink wisely!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

11. Don't make list of things not to do when drunk.

3. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

12. Don't post on social networks about any celebrity you are fantasising about.

JD666 likes this.
  4. Stuge

Stuge RAID Rookie

13.Don't drink with so called friends ..Be very careful with who you drink with or not .

JD666 likes this.
  5. JD666

Lol.. I'll have to follow you closely now for those moments

6. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

15. Don't skip posts numbers.

7. Aargee

Aargee RAID Rookie

Just summarizing everything in one sentence as what you can actually do after boozing - Just sleep!! That's good for you & for everyone around!!

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    JD666: 25 Points (Very well said) Aug 8, 2014
    Rockfella and JD666 like this.
  8. JD666

Very well said mate. Didn't think of it :D

9. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Drink lots of water n sleep :p

JD666 likes this.
  10. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

I goto sleep, to wake up 3 hours later and throw up all over the carpet :puke:

11. JD666

Thanks for the heads up :D

12. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

Yep! That's what I do. Have a good meal and sleep. On the other hand I don't have a social life anyway so sleeping is the best thing I can do after daru session anyway.

ViKiD likes this.
  13. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

Neah, just make sure you dont give me too much Whiskey.

14. Rockfella

Happened with me many times.

ViKiD likes this.
  15. JD666

Duly noted.

@Rockfella - Boozing sessions are missed here terribly. Those were some zany days. Boozing and gaming/Boozing and overclocking Lol.

Rockfella likes this.
  16. Rockfella

Even the Gold Reserve is not the same anymore.

JD666 likes this.
  17. JD666

Bacardi 8 years. I'm gonna get it with me the next time (Lol it's been 8 years since uGuru and Dr. MOS met for the first time!)

18. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Im recouping my liver for an I-Day weekend binge :D

JD666 likes this.
  19. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

I got into trouble with TOWMBO (The One Who Must Be Obeyed) recently. She's now stalking me on twitter. :p

JD666 likes this.
  20. JD666

Aww c'mon boys will be boys now..