The bikes you own/Owned and would like to own( and what you liked about them! )...

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Jul 9, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Hehe, obvious thread coming from moi!

However to kick start discussions, will make a similar one for cars as well.

Starting off -

1) Yamaha RX 100 - For a brief period in 2004 I was the proud owner of a 1988 fully rebuilt RX100. Rode it like crazy for about a year, using it religiously to commute to college and back. And the fact that it gave 40kmpl no matter how you rode it!

Interesting tidbit - The missus asked me for a ride on it, rather than me offering one! ( bad bad )

2) Royal Enfield ThunderBird - Got this end 2004 as an upgrade ( i was considering a Honda Unicorn!!! :D ) - First bike I paid my family back for, and made sure that I did so for all the others that came along ( other than the RXZ in which my wifey is an equal/greater owner than I am ! )

- Rode it for over 70,000 kms over the next 4 years, in the rain, sun, highway, back lanes, even hilly terrain and over narrow hiking paths.

- Never failed me. The rear seat was the wifey's favourite on all my bikes. And some wonderful memories too.( Her favourite from all my bikes! )

3) Yamaha R15 - Had been bitten by this bike ever since its launch. However after putting out for the Kawasaki Ninja, dint think about it. However when there was nothing happening about the Ninja, in Feb 2009 got this as a valentine's day gift for myself! hehe. Enjoyed it for about 12,000 kms, and made a few trips here and there. It was a great everyday run about, and a great, nimble little performance beast!

- Did require complete attention and proper maintenance to extract the best, however was worth it.

4) Ninja 250 - Came in October 2009 ( yup ) The monster of a bike. However could not ride it much due to the oopmh factor, and everyone wanting to sit on it, or play with it the moment I parked it anywhere. So it became more of a weekend ride/occasional machine. However did a 300+ km trip with the Missus behind me, and after that she refused to sit on the bike for anything offered to her.

5) Yamaha RXZ 5-speed - Came early 2010, as a 10 year old, 30,000 kms done machine, and was painfully done up ( twice to be honest ) to the current state of tune/build it is in. Spent over twice what its worth. And to prove how special it is, the missus has some pictures of me and my friend trying to pull this bike up the stairs to the first floor living room where I used to stay.

Currently with a fully rebuilt engine ( all imported parts ), and everything new on the bike other than the frame and the swingarm, its parked in our living room, under the staircase.

6) KTM Duke 200 - After itching around ( literally ) for quite sometime, the missus gave in, and we went to buy the Duke 200. Done around 1700 kms, and loving each minute of it. Its as much fun as the Ninja 250, if not more, and much easier on the mind/pocket!!!! I am loving it!!!

Future Aspirations -

1) Though I am hooked to the Duke probably the KTM 690 when it comes out.

2) A decent sports 600 ( Honda CBR or similar )

3) A decent cruiser 600-1000cc ( Suzuki Intruder 800 )

Post away Buoyz!!!

BigBore, WingZero and MrsJD666 like this.
  2. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

owned: Hero puch sakti 3g? is that even a bike?
    70cc, 3 gears, amazing pick up.
    Rode: Pulsar gen1, gen2, gen 2, gen4: over 10k kms. All 150 cc, dtsi and other stuff.
    aspire to acquire: Vmax, Norton, Indian chief

JD666 likes this.
  3. JD666

Hero Puch was any School Boy's wet dream in the early 90s. I remember seeing my cousin brother throwing a tantrum and rolling on the floor for a Puch! It could wheelie real well, and those steel alloys were hawt.

And see, even Shah Rukh Khan agrees!

--- Post Merged: Jul 9, 2012 at 6:37 PM ---
    So technically before SRK was brand ambassador for Hyundai, He was doing Hero Puch!!

4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

oh yeah, i remember him being the brand ambassador. not sure, if it was the time when i started hating him or not.

JD666 likes this.
  5. JD666

Lol!

6. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

never owned a bike. total two wheeler riding experience must be under 200 kms, if not 100.

would like to own a nice enfield classic 500 in matte military green colour. and a nimble liter class bike.

why i have such limited experience with two wheelers: i always knew i would be a mad man on the road. so even thought i was told to buy a pulsar 180 back in 03-04 for long haul college commute, i skipped. i get dangerous even on bicycles. tend to crouch and have fun. burned my fair share of puny bicycle brakes.

bad habit: calling every other motor vehicle on the road "luna cc".

JD666 likes this.
  7. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

Still own a Bajaj Pulsar 200. Nov 2007 model.

Have learnt my lesson... n never going back to bajaj once i move on from the 200. It's been a great bike but the inherent bajaj gremlins and the high maintenance means it's bye bye bajaj come next year.

While i havent finalized what i'm gonna get me next... the ultimate for me has always been the Honda CBR1000R a.k.a "Fireblade" - n thats where my forum ID comes from :)

JD666 likes this.
  8. MrsJD666

MrsJD666 Ruling the Devil Staff Member

Do bicycles count???
    If yes, I had one when I was 6 or 7 years old. Avon. (Ma, dekho, A - 1 cycle ;))
    What I liked about it - I learnt how to ride a bicycle on this white and blue chhutku..

Fast forward to present - partial ownership experience with the RXZ 5 speed that JD666 has.
    My riding experience is a whole 10 inches of travel on his KTM Duke. I had reparked the parked bike :cool:

JD666 likes this.
  9. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

claphands.gif

MrsJD666 and JD666 like this.
  10. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

What I owned.. here that is a list..

1. Bajaj 150 cc Scooter.. that was ultimate fun !! me did the repairs on that myself alongwith a even younger guy who was an apprentice at a local workshop at my house. that was one crazy scooter... used to wheelie whenever I wanted !!
    2. Yezdi 250 Classic !!! superb bike.. bought that from a milkman as they sold those off at a cheaper rate.. rebuilt the engine and rode it like hell ( even did motocross on it !!)
    3. Ind Suzuki !! yes the original one.. what fun it was.... the feel of air was exhilerating to say the least and all the girls wanted to ride with me hugging tightly ;)
    4. RX 100 --- superb again... I used many rx 100's for racing and fun ...
    5. RD 350 -- Yes the God Father of all !! I still miss that bike.. used to ride it like hell !! saw the face of death twice on that.. didn't evenr race in in motocross but on road I was amazing ! Kunal my friend did motocross on that too.. ( his 350 I mean )
    6. Suzuki Shogun, if you haven't ridden it, then you don't know what a 2 stroke bike can do !! Please don't compare that to anything else.. !! I will be hurt !!
    7. Kinetic honda scooter.. ;) yes I ride it sometimes these days too..

as for my dream bike to own !!!
    NUMBER ONE 1. !!!! Ducati Multistrada 1200S Sport ( there is no other bike that would give me more pleasure !! to ride )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then there are
    kawasaki 1400 R NInja

and many other that I have ridden all !!! yes nearly all of them courtesy of my friends ;) but not the Ducati..

JD666 likes this.
  11. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

12. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

What you also a Ducati fan, but the bike you mentioned has many other parallels surpassing that bike ;)

13. MrsJD666

MrsJD666 Ruling the Devil Staff Member

14. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

The Streetfighter, IMHO has the perfect looks and dynamics for a street racer.. so in that sense.. it's made for the city & touring. Unlike the Ninja's and CBR's that are made for the track n straightline but domesticated for the city.