The Duke 390 Breaks cover!

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Nov 14, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

And what a package is it!!! 44 PS! and 35NM of torque! a 375 cc engine, and a top speed of nearly 200 kmph!!!

Why? Coz the entire package weighs in at 139 kilograms! Compare that with a Ninja 250 producing 33PS and around 170 kgs!!!!

They haven't changed the bike much from the Duke 200, except that the Trellis frame now gets painted a bright orange ( something that I wanted to do on my Duke since the day I got it! )

Credit to the guys at motorbeam.com for the image, however I had to share it here!!!

KTM-390-Duke-Unveil.jpg

Up front it does look like that they have given it a bigger disc brake, which the bike now really needs!

But keeping in mind the price of the Duke 200 ( 1.42Lakhs on road Gurgaon ), The 390 could be marginally more expensive as little as around 1.8 Lakhs!!

They have a ABS version as well, which could really sell at the 2Lakh point even! And would be a very very worthy option!

Watch out CBR250, this is really going to shake the market up!

A hooligan of a machine, just went crazier!!! Awesome!!

Shatter and Nicko like this.
  2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Holy smokes this is one petite, sexy n semi-nude babe.. :D.

The orange frame looks spexx

1.8L is a pretty good price.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

JD666 likes this.
  3. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

whoa ...awesome !

4. JD666

Quick update - Apparently the bike could be launched as early as in March of 2013.

Pricing is slated to be 2 Lakhs for the Non-ABS model, and 2.3 Lakhs for the ABS model. ( I'm guessing 1.99 and 2.29)

I would recommend going for the ABS model, since the amount of power this could put out, bringing it under check would require a lot of effort.

MOZ likes this.
  5. turbo99i

turbo99i RAID Rookie

Now we are talking! Common, you don't need ABS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD666 likes this.
  6. JD666

KTM actually modded the Duke 200 with a one tooth lesser sprocket, since their field feedback was of people crashing their bikes, since the initial acceleration was too good.

I was offered that as a free option :p However I politely declined.

The rear brake on the 200 is way powerful for the requirement. I have managed to lock up the rear wheel at 90+ kmph easy :p

ABS would be a sure welcome for oldies like me :D