The Essential Electronic Dance Music Thread (Trance/Progressive/House) etc

Discussion in 'Arts and Photography' started by Fireblade, Aug 22, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

Every forum MUST have one... & RAID is no different :D . Some of the best forums are known for some of their EDM posting threads, so i figured we might as well have our own.

So, the rules... well, there's only one, share any EDM music you like here! Post links to anything you like or here that falls within the ambit of EDM (trance/house/progressive etc). Anything that makes you groove to electronica! :D even chillout lounge! (we do after all groove on our lazy chairs too dont we?? ;) )

To kick off my picks.. I'm starting with one of the nicest progressive tunes I've heard in quite a while.. here goes.

solarplexus likes this.
  2. solarplexus

solarplexus - not here - Staff Member

3. solarplexus

4. solarplexus

5. Aragorn

Aragorn RAID Rookie

Can't we separate out Trance in its own thread? I just hate to put trance in same league as house, dubstep and other edm.

Trance is so epic, that it needs its own dedicated thread :)

6. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

7. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

Yeah well we could.. but then I'd have some of the other town members yanking my chain for ignoring the other EDM genres :p

So decided to keep things a bit even for all :p
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 29, 2012 ---

LMFAO!!Dude... WTF was that! lol.. like someone went mad on fruityloops hehe

8. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

wrong video.. bloody retards on youtube

hope this is the right one

9. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

here's my additions.

A word about Jerome Isma-ae. Anyone who was at Sunburn last year, may have heard his name a bit too late.. or possibly for the first time, yet, he's rapidly come up the circuit ranks to outshine much bigger names on the production and liveset scenes !! Not something that many DJ's can boast of.

Testament to his skills was the absolute blast of a set he pulled off at Sunburn 2011 and I'd be absolutely shocked if i didn't see them bring him in again this year!

Though what many don't know about Jerome is that he actually had quite a few great chillout tunes to his credit as well..

Anyways, heres some great stuff from this brilliant talent..

This one for me, is the real highlight & the signature of his 2011 set in Goa.. it is by far.. one of the best remixes i've ever heard of Everything But The Girl - Missing. (By itself one of the most popular dance tracks which have been remixed to death over the years)

10. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

My pick for the week.. a track by Sophie Sugar. She's one the biggest trance DJ's/Producers of the feminine kind ;) lol. Looks fab as well :) who doesn't love a beauty with talent?? ahem. :p

This track is by far my favourite Sophie Sugar track! in fact it's quite at the top of my all time favourite trance tracks. It has everything.. a great rhythm, good pace, lovely reverbs & the quintessential flanger effects blended to perfection! If you close your eyes and sway.. you're guaranteed to float away :)

11. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

12. Fireblade

Fireblade Trance@ddict

Ol Timers will recognize this one for sure. My weekend pick... none other than NuNRG! Although they have stopped performing as a duo since 2005, Andreas Ribeca & Giuseppe Ottaviani are widely known for many of their trance productions in the early 2000's after being discovered by none other than the one n only.. PvD. Today Giuseppe has made a successful name as a solo DJ himself.

2 tracks from NuNRG are my all time favourite and for most people as well.. these 2 need to be played only 1 way......... LOUD. Trust me.. please TURN IT RIGHT UP when you listen to these 2 :) cheers!

and the other one..

13. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie