The-I-would've-ended-this-movie-in-this-way Thread

Discussion in 'Arts and Photography' started by JD666, Oct 29, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Many times we see a movie/TV show and we feel that something better could have been done by the director/story writer. And if we would've been making that particular film/show, we would've ended it in this way.

I'll keep coming back to this thread, but for now, here are two films that I would've ended differently -

1) Veer - Zara -

The hero gets caught due to on-going tension between the two countries, and gets interrogated for he is from the Indian Armed forces. He is tried for espionage and is thrown in jail.

The Heroine gets caught while trying to enter India illegally, and is thrown in jail as well (Probably put in a drug mule blame or something).

The lawyer who is fighting for Veer's freedom, gets wind of Zaara's whereabouts and tries to work with a counterpart to get her released as well.

Some drama later, they end up crossing back into their respective countries to meet the other person. But due to Veer's release and role as a former army officer, he cannot ever go back to Pak and Since Zara was a suspect drug mule, cannot enter India.

A sob scene at the border where they meet after special permission. Their story gets wind and a community offers them residence in a foreign land. And they finally meet after donkeys of years.

Veer-Zara ka pyar, but humare do desh nahin samajh paye.
    (the love that could not be understood because of the hatred between our two countries).

2. JD666

2) - Refugee -

JP Dutta's endless saga of estranged lovers and the debut film for Jr. Bachchan and Ms. Kapoor, should've ended about 45 minutes before and that too with them getting shot at the border. He, by Pakistani forces and She, by Indian. Period. End of saga.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  3. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

:lol: Wrong movie bro, the movie in discussion (Jr. Bachchan's and Kareena's debut) is Refugee and not Border.

Border is the ultimate epic classic (Also a J.P Dutta) on the 1971 India-Pak war. "Zindagi ka doosra naam problem hai" - Sunny Deol.

4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

5. JD666

Ooh yeah, refugee, not border. Lemme fix that

6. JD666

Another one -

Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Sorry Yash Chopra, but this is not how I would've wanted the world to remember you by. The movie should have changed course when Samar suffers his second accident, with Akira. Instead of Him, it should've been her who should've gotten hit by the car. She would've been in hospital, coming in and out of consciousness, and who would've been a resident there, but our very own Katrina Kaif, putting in her hours, all these years, being apart from her hero.
    The hero would've seen her and gone thru a lot of pain and anguish again. However he would've been kicked back into reality by his friend or his own conscience, that here is a girl who is dying, who has not even lived her life, who is in her prime and her life has not started, and here you are brooding over the separation of your loved one. You had the chance, but you lost it.

Same type of realization for Katrina. The hero blocks her out and puts all his attention to Akira (Anushka) and make sure she gets well soon, and fights for her life (Jab tak hai Jaan). In-between her bouts of consciousness, her insistance would be for him to go speak and meet Katrina.

So eventually after a few tragic songs and unwanted run ins all over the city, her condition worsens, and on her death bed, she calls for them both and puts them together, with a major sentimental dialogue about naming their daughter after her and shit.

Also she highlights the name of the movie, that Jab tak hai Jaan, love each other and shit. I could'nt live my life that god gave me. He gave you (hero) a life thanks to the heroine (Katrina), Don't throw it away and build on what is left.

Thats it. Jab tak hai jaan, whether Kal ho na ho. :D

MrsJD666 likes this.
  7. JD666

Dhoom 3 - Oh Man, this movie could've ended in so many ways.

a) They could've done a guest appearance for Sir Hrithik Roshan, and Kartina would've been his planted Stuge to get Amir to do the robberies.

b) The Damn bank could've easily been replaced by a museum or a wealthy collector who took Aamir's dad's some valuable thing that he was hell bent on getting back. To be able to do this, he joined a traveling circus and did robberies all over. One of the items were in India, and under the watchful eye of Abhishek Bachchan. And that is how the cop gets involved in an international robbery.

c) Katrina could be the actual master mind behind the robberies, and Aamir and his twin brother working for her on the basis of some background arm twisting or manipulation.

d) Katrina would be John's sister from the first movie and was out to first bait Abhishek Bachchan to get revenge by making him look incapable in front of the whole global police, or some shit.

e) Aamir, should've survived the fall from the dam, and it should've been shown that they (both brothers) reach the shore.

Man. So many possibilities, that would've made it any day better than "Bank Walon, Tumhari Aisee ki Taisee"

8. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

I like c & d.

C - a tight ass Keyser soze :D

9. JD666

Mohabbatein -

The story of a man who comes to win over her dead wife/GF's dad to prove that love conquers all.

Many would remember this movie for a) being too long and b) Shamita Shetty and Uday Chopra having a testosterone contest as to who looks more manly.

How can I forget, leaves... Specifically those that are unique to Europe/UK and are not applicable for the Indian sub-continent.

How I would've ended it? I wouldn't have.

I would've instead gone on and made it into a Film for Television with at least 3 parts and being about 6 hours long (each part a 2 hour feature).
    This would've given the director sufficient times to build each story, bring out the emotions and show the tiff between the hot shot teacher and the man he came to win over.
    Whenever I see the movie, I feel everything was way too rushed and too sped up. A detailed, prolonged series would've probably made it more interesting and given more depth to each character and their storylines.

10. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

Don't watch too many movies, so this is like new topic to me..

JD666 likes this.
  11. JD666

Watched another movie recently- Aashiqui 2.

The ending was a bit tragic, given the movie's name. For us 80s kids growing up on Rahul Roy and Anu Aggarwal's love story epic saga, Aashiqui, I felt the ending was sad for the next iteration.

Though both movies share nothing in common, but this is how I would've ended it.

Rahul leaves Aarohi on the pretext of joining a gym and simply decides to disappear. He knows she is his weakness and inclination to drink again and he has become dead weight for her. So he decides to disappear.

She freaks out and searches far and wide and there are public/media outcry on his disappearance. Or maybe none at all since he is now a has been star.

His friend comes and gives her that inspiring lecture as shown in the movie, and she decides to continue her music.

She is shown singing a new song and is really famous and shit. Doing tours and what not.

Finally on one tour or a holiday break, missing him she is in a hill station in the north east. And she hears one of her songs being played by someone.

Follows the tune. And voila it's a kid learning to play from none other than Rahul jaikar, whom no one recognises because of a changed appearance etc etc.

And he's singing her song, and she sees him. Just the first time he saw her when she was singing his song.

They meet, chat and go for a walk. It rains, he puts his jacket over her and kisses her. Iconic Aashiqui scene ?#@*&%!^$~es.

Fixed. Like a boss.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    MrsJD666 likes this.
  12. JD666

Dum Laga Ke Haisha -

I loved this movie. The attention to detail was epic. Probably the only thing that was out of place in the time setting (1995) was the presence of CFL bulbs in shops.
    In fact I watched it twice and was not bored at all. However they did leave a few loose ends in the story, that could've been tied up. For instance, it is shown that they win the race, but after that, what happens to their shop/business? Do they go into the CD business or put it up for rent? They could've shown him winning the wager from his friend, and cutting the ribbon on his shop, and then in a cutscene, they are on a bus going to Meerut for her job, and later he's shown studying English.

I didn't get much closure at the end of the story, and perhaps a cutscene would've provided just that.

13. JD666

Phantom - Rather than ending the movie in a particular way, I would've started it in an entirely different way. Rogue spy undercover can be done in so many ways, but no, we will find the most cheesiest way of going about it. Could manage about 1 hour of the movie before I walked out. A good concept ruined by a bad screenplay and script. Sad.