The iPhone 5 thread!!

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Sep 12, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

All news/information/discussions in this thread only.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

2. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

So Apple finally gave in to popular demand and increased the screen size to 4". Shows nuthing is perfect, and there is always a scope of improvement, even with the "mighty" Apple.

ManISinJpr and JD666 like this.
  3. MajinBuu

MajinBuu BORN TO FRAG ~

Nothin Wow :/

Here's something new :
    .1 The phone has a 4-inch Retina display with a resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels at 326 ppi.

2. The iPhone 5 weighs 112g, and is 20 per cent lighter than the iPhone 4S.

3. At 7.6 mm, the iPhone 5 is 18 per cent thinner than its predecessor.

4. Apple iPhone 5 runs iOS 6. It is powered by the A6 chip - 2X faster CPU, 2X faster graphics, 22 per cent smaller.

5. The iPhone 5 comes with an 8 megapixel ( 3264x2444 ) camera. The lens is the same as the 4S, but thinner. The Apple iPhone5 comes with 4G LTE.

6. The iPhone 5 "is made entirely of glass and aluminum," said Tim Cook, CEO, Apple, at the iPhone 5 launch event, adding "You see we're able to add a 5th row of icons."

7. Apple iPhone5 boasts of 40 per cent faster image capture than the iPhone 4S.

8. Apple iPhone5 gets panorama mode. Resultant images are 28 megapixels huge.

9. Apple iPhone 5 lets users take photos while recoding video.

10. Apple iPhone 5 gets a new connector - Lightning. It has all digital, 8-signal design, and is 80 per cent smaller than its predecessor.

Apple Iphone 5

GSMARENA

turbo99i and JD666 like this.
  4. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

I am providing a summary of what has been done with the next version of the iPhone. Since Apple did not have any live streaming of the event, I am using CNET as my source.

1. Has been officially launched as the iPhone 5, much on expected lines.
    2. Is now made of only aluminium and glass. Metal back, two tones, and its taller.
    3. Made out entirely of glass and aluminium while the buttons remain in the same place as the iPhone 4S.
    4. Apple's thinnest phone yet. 7.6mm thick making it 18% thinner than the 4S.
    5. At 112 grams, its 20% lighter than its predecessor.
    Retina Display 326 pixels per inch (same as old model). New screen - 4-inch display.
    7. 1136 x 640. 16:9 Aspect Ratio.
    8. Vertical Pixels will add a 5th row of icons.
    9. Apps have been tweaked to adjust with the new taller screen. However, older apps will continue to run with black borders.
    10. 8MP Camera. 1080P Video Recording. One can take photos will the video is being shot.
    11. Download at 100Mbps. Its a 4G LTE Phone. Same phone for HSPDA/CDMA/LTE Networks!
    12. A6 Chip has its perks. Amazing graphics. Faster processing.
    8 hrs 3G talktime, 3G browsing. 8hrs LTE browsing, 10 hrs Wi-Fi browsing, 10 hrs video, 40 hours Music. 225 hrs of standby.
    14. New 8 pin connector. Apple calls it Lightning. Plug it in any direction. Apple will release a new adapter to make it compatible with older 30 pin devices?
    15. iOS 6.
    16. Comes in White and Black.
    17. Same price as the iPhone 4S. More importantly, no 128GB version. 16, 32 and 64GB.

That's about it for the iPhone 5. Will wait for reviews to come out or maybe do an in-house review if I can get my hands on a unit quickly. Am planning on getting this ever since my iPhone 4 was water damaged.

turbo99i and JD666 like this.
  5. JD666

Wow.. thats impressive. Any pics???

6. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

^^ Impressive ? how ?

7. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

I likey the new iPod Touch ... :D

8. JD666

Lighter , sleeker, faster, they have definitely made an improvement over the last iphone 4s. So its impressive right? Apple competes with no one else :D

9. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Apple innovation curve is beginning to flatten .. lets see what happens. HTC already has a lawsuit lined up for the LTE patents which this iPhone will apparently violate ..

10. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

How is this really impressive? its like they went to the market and purchased the parts on the shelf and that too not fully ( as NFC they left ) and came back and put it together??
    Yeah.. I also didn't understand, and I was watching the live blogs yesterday and there too it was less than enthusiastic responses..
    apple is not the hardware leader anymore despite samsung having launched s3 long time back they could not compete with it !
    just saying it is 2000% faster and better gfx by 2000% does not cut it for me..
    what apple is doing is being done and surpassed by most of the top range of smartphones !
    and leaving the legacy of Jobs ?? by making it 4" when he was alive they couldn't do it ! coz he was against it.

11. ManISinJpr

The worst part is that your old accessories would not function unless you pay Apple $29 to get an adapter !!
    see ths !

12. JD666

I need to work harder on my sarcasm levels.... :(

ManISinJpr likes this.
  13. ManISinJpr

The comments at Engadget are getting hillarious by the minute !!
    am posting one such comment, Please don't be offended ;)

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2012 ---
    And this !! now people are more informed ! tehy can't be taken for a ride ;)

JD666 likes this.
  14. Aragorn

Aragorn RAID Rookie

Why will anyone wanna buy this crap with WP8 just round the corner??? <Lumia 920> ... :D

MajinBuu, ManISinJpr and JD666 like this.
  15. JD666

I think they forgot to mention that its the thinnest Apple iPhone yet.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  16. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

Frankly iPhone 5 does have impressive specs and upgrades .. but by Apple's standards of innovation and bringing new "things" to the industry its disappointing..

• isnt that what most manufacturers do. Just coz this iteration doesnt has any new fancy bells and whistles doesnt mean its lacking
    • how does s3 (launched on 31st may) is ,according to you , ahead of 4s. i didnt know apple sent you one of the prototypes ahead of release to compare and opine
    • its not saying and showing, as tim cook last night pointed out that even the pictures on display were untouched
    • what has been done and surpassed by most top range smartphones according to u which apple is doin or has done- if u mean LTE .. then it was a wait and watch response with respect to strengthening of the network by supporting carriers which kept it on hold
    • do u even know the sales comparison iphone 4s 88million (actual sales) to samsung galaxy s3 20million( a figure which includes shipped pieces which may not have been sold yet)
    • for 4 inches steve's reasoning was that it should fit perfectly in the palm of the user and not look humungous or gigantic.. which by their new display technology, which made it possible to make it considerably slimmer , made it easier to carry, hold and use including the very edge of the opposite direction of your thumb .. which is still not possible in most phablets and some phones

17. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2012 ---
    [​IMG]

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    JD666: 20 Points (sweeet!) Sep 13, 2012
    Fireblade and JD666 like this.
  18. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

:rofl:

Dude the new iPhone 5 specs are mind boggling and i am totally sold, this is so friggin sweet i am getting me one of them iPhone5 for sure.

:rofl:

I did not know iPhone4s and galaxy s3 been on sale for the same amount of time, oh wait lets compare this way, iPhone5 has sold zero while s3 has sold 20 million.

More than 95% of the iPhone are sold in contract,its more like EMI scheme where initially the customer pays 99 or 199 dollars but that's not the case with galaxy s3.

JD666 and ManISinJpr like this.
  19. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

Me too :clap:

dbg likes this.
  20. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member