The iPhone 5 thread!!

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Sep 12, 2012.

Share This Page

1. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

by those standards we cud have an apple tower at cupertino in this lifetym!!!

2. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

3. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

I can smell a lawsuit coming ! How can Samsung copy Apple's future design in the past !!!

not sent from my pc....

JD666, ManISinJpr and Sunit JC like this.
  4. RajaPraveen

yep i am guessing apple will sue Samsung :D

ManISinJpr likes this.
  5. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

What's the opinion on the latest iPod Touch..?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

6. DaRampage

DaRampage RAID Rookie

iPod touch is really good. Maybe iPhone 5 wouldn't break any records as expected but iPod will.
    The screen size(we watch movies on iPod, so it's good), plus dual core CPU for an iPod.
    The color variants will add to the sales.

7. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

dbg

[​IMG]

The iPhone 5 took to the stage today as one of Apple’s favorite releases of the day, but the iPod touch also received a much-needed refresh as well. After what seems like forever, the iPod touch now has the dual core A5 chip and a better 5 megapixel camera with LED flash that blows the iPod touch 4G’s 1 megapixel camera out of the water. The iPod touch 5G even brings the iPhone 5’s four-inch retina display to the lineup and includes Apple’s new EarPod ear buds and 8-pin dock connector.

The iPod touch 5G finally brings Siri, Apple’s voice assistant software, to the iPod touch platform. For ages, it has been limited to the iPhone 4S and iOS 6 brought it to the new iPad. Jailbreak tweaks have brought it to older devices, but that just didn’t work out after iOS 5’s latest update.

For the first time, the iPod touch is coming in a variety of colors that match the rest of the iPod lineup. The color choices give users a wide variety to choose from and allow life to be less ‘black and white.’ The iPod touch 5G also includes a new ‘loop’ for going around your wrist for helping you keep it from dropping. The loop attaches to the rear of the iPod with a metallic peg and it matches the color of the iPod touch.

With all these great new things, it leaves us wondering – okay, well what are are the downsides of the iPod touch 5G? It’s difficult to point them out on a device with such an excellent hardware and software boost, but they are undeniably there. For one, the rear camera appears to have a protruding effect out of the rear of the device, meaning that the device won't lay flat on a table surface:

[​IMG]

Another downside is that the loop connector looks strange. Apple’s iPod touch 4G has a very nice, slim, and sleek form-factor. All of these extraneous items on the iPod touch 5G just stick out of the device and makes it not so attractive. You can also clearly see that they have brought back the rear-facing radio window, which was present on the iPod touch 3G for making it easier for Wi-Fi to pass through the metal. On the iPod touch 4G, they bypassed this by having the Wi-Fi signal pass through the front glass.

Another depressing sight is that the iPod touch 5G begins retailing at $299 for the low-end (32G:cool: unit. There is no longer an 8GB unit; in the past, the iPod touch has always started at $199 for the 8GB unit (it was $229 before Apple lowered it to $199). The steep $100 price hike just might be enough to make consumers consider an on-contract iPhone 5 for $199.

Being that the iPod touch 5G brings a number of great improvements to the lineup, the device seems like it is worth the price. It comes in a 32GB and 64GB model, $299 and $399 respectively. The pros certainly out-weigh the cons on this one. If you are considering the iPod touch, it will make a great Christmas or Birthday present for yourself, a friend, or a family member.

Sources: Apple Images by Apple, Inc.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2012 ---
    dbg

[​IMG]

The iPhone 5 took to the stage today as one of Apple’s favorite releases of the day, but the iPod touch also received a much-needed refresh as well. After what seems like forever, the iPod touch now has the dual core A5 chip and a better 5 megapixel camera with LED flash that blows the iPod touch 4G’s 1 megapixel camera out of the water. The iPod touch 5G even brings the iPhone 5’s four-inch retina display to the lineup and includes Apple’s new EarPod ear buds and 8-pin dock connector.

The iPod touch 5G finally brings Siri, Apple’s voice assistant software, to the iPod touch platform. For ages, it has been limited to the iPhone 4S and iOS 6 brought it to the new iPad. Jailbreak tweaks have brought it to older devices, but that just didn’t work out after iOS 5’s latest update.

For the first time, the iPod touch is coming in a variety of colors that match the rest of the iPod lineup. The color choices give users a wide variety to choose from and allow life to be less ‘black and white.’ The iPod touch 5G also includes a new ‘loop’ for going around your wrist for helping you keep it from dropping. The loop attaches to the rear of the iPod with a metallic peg and it matches the color of the iPod touch.

With all these great new things, it leaves us wondering – okay, well what are are the downsides of the iPod touch 5G? It’s difficult to point them out on a device with such an excellent hardware and software boost, but they are undeniably there. For one, the rear camera appears to have a protruding effect out of the rear of the device, meaning that the device won't lay flat on a table surface:

[​IMG]

Another downside is that the loop connector looks strange. Apple’s iPod touch 4G has a very nice, slim, and sleek form-factor. All of these extraneous items on the iPod touch 5G just stick out of the device and makes it not so attractive. You can also clearly see that they have brought back the rear-facing radio window, which was present on the iPod touch 3G for making it easier for Wi-Fi to pass through the metal. On the iPod touch 4G, they bypassed this by having the Wi-Fi signal pass through the front glass.

Another depressing sight is that the iPod touch 5G begins retailing at $299 for the low-end (32G:cool: unit. There is no longer an 8GB unit; in the past, the iPod touch has always started at $199 for the 8GB unit (it was $229 before Apple lowered it to $199). The steep $100 price hike just might be enough to make consumers consider an on-contract iPhone 5 for $199.

Being that the iPod touch 5G brings a number of great improvements to the lineup, the device seems like it is worth the price. It comes in a 32GB and 64GB model, $299 and $399 respectively. The pros certainly out-weigh the cons on this one. If you are considering the iPod touch, it will make a great Christmas or Birthday present for yourself, a friend, or a family member.

Sources: Apple Images by Apple, Inc.

8. DaRampage

DaRampage RAID Rookie

I liked the back of this iPod better than that of iPhone.

9. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

i'd go for the shining glass + alum back of iphone anyday... Screams " CLASS"

DaRampage likes this.
  10. DaRampage

DaRampage RAID Rookie

Lol, we got many things similar. That's the best back for any phone.
    But I somehow didn't like iPhone 5's back compared to 4S'

11. MajinBuu

MajinBuu BORN TO FRAG ~

12. RajaPraveen

[quote="DaRampage, post: 19947, member: 97".]
    But I somehow didn't like iPhone 5'[/quote]

yeah, the design so reminds me of a particular HTC phone.

13. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

The new iPod touch would make a great companion for an Android Phone

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

14. DaRampage

DaRampage RAID Rookie

I went back and searched all over where I had mentioned "I didn't like the iPhone 5" :p
    I guess that's an incomplete quote from "I didn't like the iPhone 5's back compared to 4s'"
    That typo errors somewhat changed the meaning :p

15. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

no sire, you can never be only one.

MajinBuu likes this.
  16. RajaPraveen

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    initpidzero: 17 Points (you deserve an internet sire.) Sep 13, 2012
    harryneopotter: 17 Points (super !) Sep 13, 2012
    mavihs: 17 Points Sep 14, 2012
  17. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

OH THIS HAS MADE MY DAY

18. Aragorn

Aragorn RAID Rookie

Why is there even a dedicated thread for this shit machine?

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    harryneopotter: 15 Points (welcome....:D) Sep 13, 2012
  19. TheMightyS

TheMightyS ActiveRAIDer

^^ where is the dislike button.... grrr

20. sumonpathak

sumonpathak RAID Rookie

^^dont tell me yer gonna buy the 5? looks like a rehash :p