The Utilitarian 4X4 Market heats up! Force Gurkha after 3 years!

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Feb 10, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

After a 3 year hiatus from the Market, Force Motors are looking at launching their new Force Gurkha anytime this month or in the coming weeks.

With the underpinnings, gearbox, engine coming from the Legendary Mercedes G-Wagen family, The Trax range of vehicles were always very reliable, durable contenders, however unable to impact the Utility market as Mahindra has.

However with the Gurka, comes improved refinement, more space, and a hard metal top (sadly un-removable), however making it that much more appealing than the Thar.

The current lifestyle 4X4, The Mahindra Thar sells for around 7.75 Lakhs with A/C power steering etc. This could upset that balance.

The Force Gurkha does mean business, with a snorkel kit attached to the vehicle as standard.

Reports are of better refinement levels, good turbo boost in the lower engine rpm band, and great off-roading capabilities due to the limited slip differential.

Here is a pic from zigwheels -

gurkha.jpg

image credit to zigwheels.com

However Mahindra are also looking at revamping the Thar, by installing the cheaper, smaller, lighter Diesel engine from the Quanto in it.

This will help reduce the excise on the vehicle and bring it under the exemption limit, which the Quanto is a part of ( sub 4 meters, and below 1500cc diesel engine ).

This could reduce the price of the Thar by a whopping 80,000 rs ( 12% reduction ), and make it that much more tempting!!

Shatter and BkrevWlevqe like this.
  2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

That's a huge ground clearance .. :D

3. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

i like these minimalistic design. too curvy looks too cosmetic.

4. harryneopotter

harryneopotter NEO is my middle name ! Staff Member

made for offroading ... i hope i will have one some day !

5. JD666

Yep, with 16 inch wheels, and a rugged chassis, this should pretty much hit anyplace you can think of.

6. Shatter

Shatter RAID Rookie

When are they going to give the off roaders the paint job finish they deserve!
    Snorkel kit and all sounds fancy, would love to take it over a few bumps.

Is anyone from us getting a hands on? :rolleyes:

7. JD666

Still searching for a dealership close enough! :D

8. JD666

And the vehicle has been launched today with an 81 bhp 2.6 litre Merc sourced engine producing 23.5 KgM of torque at 1800 rpm, and peak power at 3200 rpm.

There are 3 variants - 2 soft top ( one 2WD and one 4WD ), and one hard top ( 4WD only )

Pricing is 6.25 Lakhs for the 2WD soft top, 8.35 Lakhs for the 4WD soft top, and 8.5 Lakhs for the 4WD hard top.

Ouch I will say, since the engine is not BSIII compliant. So this will have to be bought and registered out of metros.

The Thar comes with a BSIV engine, which makes it easier to purchase as well.

How this pans out for Force Motors, time will tell.