Advise Touch Screen issue during charging Xiaomi Redmi 2

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Jul 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Has any Xiaomi user noticed this?

When the phone is on charging, the touchscreen becomes extremely sensitive. It becomes really hard to type, or scroll. The slightest of inputs get detected as a selection.

Browsing becomes really hard. Most typing inputs are incorrectly registered, and swipe keyboard does not work as well suit does when the phone is not charging.

Initially I thought it was due to my screen guard. But now after installing a tempered glass guard, the situation is the same.

I've tried three different chargers with different rated currents, and yet the same results. Blackberry - 850 ma, Nokia - 800ma and the xiaomi charger - 1A.

Has anyone else also experienced this?? I'm gonna try and record a video the next time I am able to.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

So after I got my second Redmi 2, I checked for the same issue. Not present. So it does seem that it is unique to my first Redmi 2 only.

Now that the screen is broken, I will get the display and digitizer replaced upon my next visit to the Xiaomi service center. Hope it doesn't cost much, and this issue goes away.