Trekking experience in Himachal!

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by Vinny, Aug 24, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Vinny

Vinny RAID Rookie

Well this experience is meant for trekkers.....

Churdhar, located in the shimla district is a trekker's paradise. Best time to Visit is between March-June and September-November.
    for local the climb trek is 6 hours, for city people its definitely 10 hours :p. decent takes around 7 hours......

Please let me know if details needed. I covered it with a couple of local cowboys(friends) from Solan in June this year.

Thanks,

JD666 likes this.
  2. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

what is this 'let me know?'?? of course we need all details! with as many pics as possible.

kauffmann and harryneopotter like this.
  3. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

moar details please

4. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Vinny post pics and some of your trekking experience!!!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

5. Vinny

Vinny RAID Rookie

Hello Everyone. RPM as requested here are the details.... Churdhaar is a small Village located in Sirmour District in Himachal Pradesh . from Delhi one has to drive down till Naulladhar, a small village near Rajgardh. Comfortable driving from Delhi 7 hours. here you start a trek which is 22 kms uphill. The Entire trek has been has three section, the first and second section are steep and tiring. the middle section comes as breather or should i say a walk in the park ;)..... the last section is the coldest so please carry some warm clothes. You might even get drenched in rain. please carry jackets accordingly. you don't have hotels just a forest department guest house which has only three rooms. A very rare chance of getting a room :p
    . be prepared to sleep in the Sarai or outside. this trek would take atleast 10 hours for the city people. once you reach the peak you need to visit the Churdhar temple. from there you need to trek another 2 kms to see the Almighlty Bholebaba on the top of a hill. you cant go any furthur. in terms of food you get dal chawal and maggie, chai etc on the way and simple breakfast at the dhabba's on the peak.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    JD666: 40 Points (Good Start. Keep em coming bro!) Sep 10, 2012
    JD666 likes this.
  6. Vinny

Vinny RAID Rookie

yup... the trek would keep coming... cant loose the touch of the mountains.... threads would also follow :)