News UK court says Apple notice was 'false and misleading,' orders full repayment of Samsung's legal cost

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by RajaPraveen, Nov 12, 2012.

Share This Page

1. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

UK court says Apple notice was 'false and misleading,' orders full repayment of Samsung's legal costs

[​IMG]
    Nothing truly says "I'm sorry" like a large sum of cash, and Apple will have to open up its wallet to Samsung thanks to "false and misleading" information it published in a court-ordered statement. The decision stems from an earlier UK high court ruling ordering Cupertino to post an apology on its British website stating that the Galaxy Tab didn't copy the iPad. However, according to a new judgement by the the Court of Appeal of England and Wales, the apology it issued contained statements "calculated to produce confusion," like references to unrelated, favorable judgements. Though Apple issued a second apology, the court is taking the unusual step of forcing it to pay all of Samsung's legal fees for the entire case on an "indemnity basis" -- in other words, to compensate the Korean maker for losses suffered due to the original statement. If you'd like to parse the legalese for yourself, hit the source.
    Update: Some thought the original phrasing "which it did" implied that we thought Samsung did copy Apple, rather than the intended meaning -- that Apple did issue a retraction. We've changed the wording, so thanks to everyone who pointed it out.

2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

The more you see Samsung the more one realizes they have copied apple. I Just saw their new slim line series 5. Even the bloody pricing is Next to the Apple Mac book air. But an i7 in that profile. Awesome.

Oh and it mimics the unibody construction as well.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

3. RajaPraveen

Yep, apple copies a couple of old German designs from two particular design house and samsung copies them so its all fair. :D

4. JD666

Which german design houses?

5. RajaPraveen

braun designs is one that comes to my mind, the other designs i will post later. :)

JD666 likes this.
  6. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

that is true, apple designs are all old german designs, which were not registered or something

7. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

[​IMG]

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    JD666: 20 Points (superb find!) Nov 14, 2012
    JD666 likes this.
  8. JD666

Wow! that's an eye opener that I had never heard or thought of!

9. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Sonuva?#@*&%!^$~ :eek:

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2