Viaterra, Nelson-Rigg & Cramster Colt - Review

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by Aargee, Jan 26, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Aargee

Aargee RAID Rookie

The test isn't completed without a ride; I rode through some real bad roads (and semi trail roads) swiftly (sometimes by standing on foot pegs too) & some good roads for over 1.8 + 1.9 = 3.7 Km precise & here're my observations...
    - Both ends of the Claw are visible on either of the RVM, but, don't intent to say they'r wider
    - I think the bag fits wide enough yet remain under the control/comfort zone of the rider; just doesn't stick out I guess
    - In all probability, the bag may be slightly wider than the handlebars I guess, but I forgot to test that front
    - The rain cover, though fits perfectly, doesn't cover the bottom potion of the bag. This is little critical because the water splashed during the rain from the rear wheel is to be certainly splashed at the bottom of the bag. Again, I forgot to take the picture. But again, this is only a compromise because if those parts are to be covered, covering up the bag becomes cumbersome, unnecessary engineering to the rain cover adds up the cost
    - May be the bottom part of Claw can be made rain proof, just a suggestion though
    - The bag can be moved back & front as per the convenience of the rider by adjusting the third mount in the rear which is way too good feature :thumbup:
    - However the right side became a little loose & I'd to change the way the strap was wound (will be shown shortly in the pic) despite changing, it once again became loose. Something I need to learn probably as how to fasten properly. Despite these hitches, the bag didn't move a millimeter, which is a good sign :thumbup:

JD666 likes this.
  2. Aargee

Aargee RAID Rookie

Here's the way I changed the strap & see how loose it got on the right side...
    [​IMG]

The left side was intact
    [​IMG]

Let's see how long it takes to unmount the taddle bag from the bike...
    [​IMG]

Let's see how the 1.5 liter bottle accommodated after the ride...
    [​IMG]

And how did the 2 X 1 liter bottles keep up?
    [​IMG]

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    harryneopotter: 100 Points (good work :)) Jan 31, 2013
  3. Aargee

Aargee RAID Rookie

All said...
    - I'm pretty confident that this 55 liter Claw is all I need even for a 30 day road trip
    - Excluding laptop, charger, mouse, 1.5 liter & 1 X 1 liter bottle contains 99% of my regular stuffs I carry for a typical 7 day road trip
    - The only thing I'm not sure is the stitches on the straps (that even Nelsonrigg gave up during my 4th trip) but then, I was told Viaterra gives ONE FULL YEAR OF WARRANTY :thumbup:
    - And lifetime repair services. I know I might get it done at much lesser price (shipping + cost of fixing at Viaterra) at local bag repair shop, but, I'm looking at PERFECTION & a very long life. So I guess I don't mind the additional cost. Something that Viaterra OWNS responsibility for it :thumbup:

JD666 likes this.
  4. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

This is in unbelievable detail.

JD666 and harryneopotter like this.
  5. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Kudos for this aargee! Just what I needed to understand.

6. Aargee

Aargee RAID Rookie

I'm not very convinced though; I should've put the bottom end as how it will appear & may be sprinkle some water on floor & show how & which parts of the bag gets wet. Since I'm the only person doing this entire exercise, it's difficult to think, work & take pictures from all the angles :(

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    JD666: 230 Points (Commendable feat sir!) Jan 31, 2013
    JD666 likes this.
  7. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

^^ I understand, but this is nevertheless the most in-depth and detailed review of riding gear that I have seen.

Especially considering the fact that you have taken the end-user experience into factor greatly!

Aargee likes this.