Vishvaroopam? Anyone seen it?

Discussion in 'Arts and Photography' started by JD666, Jan 26, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

So apparently this movie has been banned for showing the Muslim community in a bad light in TN. However people online are giving it rave reviews.

Asking our Raiders in the South, has anyone seen it yet? What is the whole hype about?

RajaPraveen MajinBuu Aargee

2. Aargee

Aargee RAID Rookie

One of my cousin watched the movie yesterday said this...
    "Vishwaroopam - Brilliant master piece by Kamal Haasan. Hollywoodine velunna cinema..Please watch the movie..There is nothing against muslims and all..
    I will give full marks for the hardwork and passion.Now waiting for vishwaroopam 2 as we can see it in the climax - 10/10"

JD666 and Rockfella like this.
  3. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Kamal Hassan right?

4. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

Kamal Hassan, searching t****** now... :p

5. MajinBuu

MajinBuu BORN TO FRAG ~

:D This muvee has its own standards. am still wondering as how an Indian pulled such Master piece ( not prejudice ) We all know wat kinda muvees we make :p
    Story , Screenplay , Especially the Sound Design , Enuf said, & bout the Muslim Controversies, i still fail to understand as how this muvee shows all those Muslim brothers in poor light. There's nothing like that. JD bhai go catch this muvee in a good Theater.

JD666 likes this.
  6. Rockfella

Spy thriller by Kamal Hassan, has to be good. I heard about it somewhere.

7. JD666

So this has to be checked out for sure.

Glad to hear that there are no controversies that the media hyped up. Kamal Hassan has been one of my favorites since the first movie that I saw was Pushpak, and then Sadma.

MajinBuu likes this.
  8. Rockfella

Kamal Hassan reminds me of the movie Appu Raja [1990] One of my all time bestest movie :star:

JD666 likes this.
  9. RajaPraveen

RajaPraveen Black Jeebus Staff Member

I have not watched the movie yet although i usually watch most of kamal hassan's movie, i guess i will watch when i am feel fully recovered from my illness.I consider kamal hassan one of the best actor's in the world in terms of pure acting ability.

MajinBuu likes this.
  10. JD666

Get well soon buddy!!!

11. RajaPraveen

I am almost there :)

JD666 likes this.
  12. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

I have heard prawns help in recovering fast, :troll:

MajinBuu likes this.
  13. theBanik

theBanik RAID Rookie

Wow nice choice, :p. Me too like those pictures immensely, specially Sadma which because of its Sad Ending? and ofcourse the overall story is a hugely memorable movie even after decades.

JD666 likes this.
  14. RajaPraveen

:thumbup::handshake:

15. BANHAMMER

kamal hassan is an awesomesauce actor/director. I donno what is the hype about rajnikant though, i don't remember when was the last time he did a decent movie. Because shivaji and Robot are so shit that even a b grade movie looks like alam ara in comparison to these two.

16. RajaPraveen

Rajnikant movies are supposed to be like B grade movies with the exception of (Thalapathi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), he is one of the last breed of superstars in India(meaning: you mostly watch their movies for fun with your brain shut down) along with Amithab Bachan,Chiranjeevi,Mammootty...and so on.

Having Said this i did not like Robot one bit because it was zero entertaining and no fun(even with brains shut down),shivaji was much better and kind of fun if you watched it in Tamil and you understood Tamil(not through subtitles).

These actors are worshiped as god's in their particular territories and that's how it is in India. :)

JD666 likes this.
  17. JD666

As a measure, the biggest superstar in India is not Amitabh Bachchan or Shah Rukh Khan, Its RajniKant! ( true story )

18. BANHAMMER

How do you shutdown your brain? I think that is impossible? or are there people who can be vegetable at freewill?
    Thank you, finally someone linked me to a good movie by RAjnikant.
    Amitabh do have a lot of good movies and by good I mean worth comparing to movies getting national film award.
    Chiranjeevi and mammootty have also played pretty amazing roles in a lot of movies though I am not fully aware of all their works

May be due to its cultural and linguistic reasons Shivaji may be good, but with subtitles it was one of the worst movie I have ever seen.
    Though good movies do cross barriers, in that respect I like korean movies. Their comdies are so universal that even with subtitles I laugh my ass off.

19. RajaPraveen

Sure, when i said you need to shutdown your brain i did not mean it literally. :) I mean you cannot shut down your brain even if you went on a coma i guess.

My intention was to say simply ignore certain aspects which we expect from a decent movie and just watch for the fun factor, but this hard to achieve in regional movies for some one who does not speak or understand Tamil and the Tamil culture(when these movie's theme is entirely based on a particular region, but of course there are many movies which are exception and appeal to a much broader universal audience) because it simply wont make sense for him, just like i wont understand what is special about a movie by Kannada super star Rajkumar and why people worship him there.

JD666 likes this.
  20. BANHAMMER

Worshipping actors/Celebrity is bit odd. Liking and appreciating them is understandable but that is unexplained phenomenon.
    Having said that, I do understand that you watch a terrible movie knowingly. That is like getting into a relationship even when you know it is going to backfire, lol