We are no saints either: our follies across LOC.

Discussion in 'News & happenings' started by BANHAMMER, Jan 30, 2013.

Share This Page

1. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

India and Indians pose as if we have not done objectionable thing across LOC and our intelligence agencies have no involvement in activities resulting in South east Asia. There is more to this that what meets the eyes. I mean our army has committed a lot of brutalities in JnK and North East. The bigger question is are these brutalities done on orders of Govt or our agencies or top military brass or these are small acts of skirmish. It is very well known that our soldiers wont do anything which their superiors forbid explicitly. The discipline of our troops remains mostly unquestionable, but is it unquestionable?
    Pakistan is raising these issues:
    The Hindu : News / National : Locked in U.N. files, 15 years of bloodletting at LoC

MOZ likes this.
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

The frontlines are not a place for saints. We've not been as honest as they have been.

The amount of pressure, frustration and circumstances that have to be endured there can only be imagined.

We've shown restraint, but then the people to blame behind this situation are not our soldiers, but the leaders who got us independence and since then could not provide a peaceful solution to this for once and for all.

And the messed up part is that neither are the current leaders up for anything. So this is the outcome of what we've inherited. Look at any volatile border ( South vs north Korea for eg ) and such stories are rife.

MOZ likes this.
  3. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Well leaders sure are to be blamed. But soldiers raping women is just plain wrong. Pretty much all armies do it and I must point out most soldiers wont do it. Only a few rotten ones, as I talked with a friend, who told me being on border is frustrating, but hey that is the part of the job. However, our officers are fully aware of this situation and they do let this slip. Matter of discipline.