Discussion What do you like most about your cellphone??

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, May 30, 2012.

Share This Page

1. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

What changes to the build.prop did u do .. Selective HWA ??

2. mrnikhilsudo

mrnikhilsudo Don't like Mr suit

hell no.... HWA is system wide now. No need to even touch it.... I made some other changes to increase performance and enable proper deep sleep. New hobby...ersearching linaro now..... dont get it ...so trying to understand it.

had a look at the build.prop on jb for defy...exactly the same build.prop. so I guess these tweaks should apply to it too...

will post links when I get home.

3. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

I love the torch of my nokia 101 and its dual sim feature :giiggle:

JD666 likes this.
  4. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

JD666 time to post here again.

5. mavihs

mavihs RAID Rookie

Samsung Captivate: It has Android & its thin & it looks awesome & its got AMOLED Screen!!!

6. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Phone - Motorola Razr Maxx

Likes - Screen - Huge, and beautiful

- battery life - Excellent, though takes really long to charge ( ~ 3 hrs ) from a full drain. But even at 10% it will last you 8 hours or more!

- Performance - Browsing is excellent, can open a lot of multiple windows and no lag. the phone has around 500 MB of RAM free when no apps are running, which helps a lot. Waiting for ICS update.

- Dislikes - Keyboard - Not happy with any of the on screen keyboards. I just want a normal alphanumeric keypad when in portrait and a decent keyboard when in landscape.
    - Size - Does need some more getting used to for single hand operation.

7. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

I like my Nokia 101?
    1) It is cheap Rs. 1450
    2) has dual sim
    3) has torch
    4) It is dirt cheap Rs. 1450
    5) battery is good!

JD666 likes this.
  8. MohitGamer

MohitGamer ActiveRAIDer

Phone - Samsung M369 CDMA

Likes -
    • Cheap Phone, Just 6500/- bucks.
    • Qwerty Keypad.

JD666 likes this.
  9. JD666

Phone - Nokia C5

Likes - Slim, Great keypad for texting, really smooth and fast, Fast UI, great for multitasking and softwares like Nimbuzz, WhatsApp etc.

Dislikes - No Wifi, Probably the only one.
    Okay okay - Camera, LED flash.

Bottomline - If it had Wifi, I might consider replacing my E52 with it.

Phone - Nokia E52

Likes - Slim, Lightweight, ( 96gms), excellent battery life, Big screen, great for office usage

Dislikes - Camera could be better ( 3.2MP with LED), GPS fix could be slightly faster.

Bottomline - For a phone that can give you over 7.5 hours of talktime and 5-6 days of standby, there isn't much you would ask it to do if your requirement was battery life.
    Switch on everything ( data, wifi ) and it will still give you a whole day!

Not sure if posted earlier, Ill post about my Nokia 5800XM as well.

10. Vinny

Vinny RAID Rookie

Blackberry 9300.

Likes - Handy, crisp body(rubber base back panel), Superb interface, Music out of the world with Panasonic era-in headphones. Very user friendly after the first month or so.

Dislikes- facebook interface not that great. tested via wi-fi hence did not take the data plan.

battery- after 1.5 years, the backup has gone down to 1.5 days(squeezed) from 3 days, Though i use it extensivly for music.

Bottomline for me its value for money because it gives BBM, chat services along with 10 email configuration, and to top it all erves as my music player.

Rockfella and JD666 like this.
  11. JD666

Phone - HTC One Mini -

Likes - Size - It's just right in the hand. Not too big, not too small.

Design - The metal aluminium unibody design does give it a very pricey look and feel. It hits right at the iPhone 5/5s.

Camera - Though its a 4MP, the Ultra pixel shooter makes a lot of difference, especially in low light.

Exclusivity - Not many have it :p

Dislikes -

Keyboard - I loved the stock HTC T9 keyboard. However after the last S/w update its not longer there, and I have to use Go Keyboard.

Phone - iPhone 5S (for the time I had it) -

Likes - UI, Interface, the general overall feel of iOS is something that Android is yet to match.

Camera - For the slowmotion feature, and the immediate snap ability

Size - Slightly smaller than the HTC, which makes it perfect!

Dislikes - It's an Apple :D

Phone - Lumia 1020

Likes - Camera, features. - Comes with more features than a high end P n S. I love!

Construction/built - Sturdy metal finish gives a rugged feel. Nokia even included a flyer stating that the rattle you hear inside is the lens on bearings for OIS (Optical Image stabilization), so that people don't get paranoid and go rushing to Nokia that their phone is broken!

UI - Windows 7/8/8.1 - I love the UI, it's super fast and fluid, even more so than iOS. If only they fix minor niggles like customizations for vibration/notifications/shortcuts for Wifi, Data, Rotation etc that require third party apps but can be incorporated directly in the OS.

Dislike -

Though Lumia is growing, Dunno why Developers are not making that many Apps for it. I found an App for my bank here, but not for the bank in India (Axis).