What to eat/drink after excessive boozing?

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by JD666, Mar 14, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I'm sure all the Alcohol lovers would have faced this at some point of time.

And being Indians, who love their booze, this would have happened more often than one would like to remember.

Waking up with a woozy head, everything hurts, the floor appears tilted, mouth dry, can't see straight and even breathing is an effort.

Curse yourself, make a mental pact to never drink so much again, and Bazinga, you're going thru this drill again next week.

Some foods that were recommended, and some that I discovered, that help a lot with a hangover, or getting over excessive boozing of the previous night.

- Cucumbers - With their hydration and fibre properties, they help clean the system. Have with a little chaat masala, and the salts will help normalize the body.

- Chaach/ButterMilk - Helps big time with nursing a hangover. Salty, with loads of spices.

- Banana - Yup, funny as it may sound, the Potassium and other minerals in a banana will help restore balance to your body.

- Water - Drink loads of it, as much as your tummy can take. This will help flush the remaining alcohol, and other toxins from your body.

- Curd/Yogurt - Same as Chaach, but helps sooth the tummy as well.

- If milk products like Chaach/Curd are not available, Making lemon soda with fresh lemons can also help a lot. However be careful to not over do it on an empty stomach, as it could lead to acidity.

- Toasted bread - With a liberal serving of butter and a hint of jam. Helps big time!

- For those short on time, and late for work, grab something greasy and buttery. That helps big time. So a burger at McDonalds or local dhaba fried parantha also helps sometimes. But to each his own.

Stuff to avoid -

It's believed that Tea/Coffee helps, but these should be avoided the day after. Plain milk, or milk with cornflakes etc won't really help as well.

These are some of the items that I could think of. Please add stuff that you feel helps after a heavy night of drinking.

2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

My head doesn't hurt as much as my arms n legs do. I've tried Chaach helps a bit.

3. JD666

If you are using Diet Coke, or even regular coke as a mixer, then body ache is a common side-effect in the morning.

4. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Actually yea.. I always use Diet Coke ..
    Hmm .. what else can I use.. other Cold Drinks don't mix that good.

Switch to neat :D

5. JD666

It's the ingredients in diet coke that cause this. Try Catch Clear flavored soda. I really liked it compared to Diet Coke.

6. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

I have been into this for a very very very long time and although my body allows me not to get Hangovers... but I also do get the symptoms sometimes...

what I did was simple, experiment and results with what I ate and drank.

Plain Glucose mixed with water ( what else ;) ) and then taking a Vitamin B12 capsule along with it along with bodysalts that have been washed away ( elactral )

then for stomach and stuff, Take Curd !! full cream and mixed with salt and some fine sugar ( Boora ) as we call it will work wonders...

Then Icecream plain vanilla flavor and lots of it.. even if you feel like puking its alright as that is nromal, keep having these and soon infact very soon you will be alright..

when you don't puke then have a Dicloran-A that is Diclofenac with Paracetamol.. will make you alright !! normal

Or the present theory.. of mine.

Take another large drink neat and ( I am talking Patiala ) and also lots of water and then have the above method !!

You will be normal in no time !

This is a surest thing.
    Been doing this for all eons and never once failed me :D

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    dbg: 20 Points (Woah.. this needs to be documented for future generations :D) Mar 14, 2013
    JD666: 25 Points (great one) Mar 14, 2013
    JD666 and Luciffer like this.
  7. ManISinJpr

Thanks for the likes and reputation r\points.. but I am still having this post issue here..

double posts and stuff like that..

8. JD666

Tried different browser etc??

9. ManISinJpr

Tried Chrome and Waterfox..

10. JD666

And I see single posts only! what'd you do?

11. ManISinJpr

This time nothing.. other posts, edited the posts and deleted the double posts..
    it happens sometimes only

JD666 likes this.
  12. Rockfella

Rockfella Nordic Staff Member

This works for me: Having LOTS of water. Head massage with mustard or any oil, long shower.

JD666 likes this.
  13. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

Sex, a lot of sex. But my hangovers are mostly from a lot of sex on previous night.

JD666 likes this.
  14. JD666

:soclose: