Where is indian tech scene going?

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by sumonpathak, Jul 11, 2012.

Share This Page

1. sumonpathak

sumonpathak RAID Rookie

Well....
    am putting a flamebait here....
    where the hell is exactly Indian tech scene going?
    i see fanboyism...i see news posting for money...i see "i would be the top dog and prohibit all opposition attitude"
    what next?
    /flame suit_on

MajinBuu likes this.
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

By Tech scene you would have to be more specific ( So that this discussion may be moved to the relevant section ! :p ) .

NO honestly, you mean, the Indian gaming scene? The Indian manufacturing new technology scene? The purchasing power growth scene of buying 30+k worth cell phones?

3. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

I can say that Indian tech scene ( media coverage, reviews etc ) is the worst !!
    I would start an initiative where I would ask all my fellow people who velieve in truth to help me blast them and provide an honest answer to the people.
    For this We will be needing the whole team focused and together coz we will face a lot of pressure.

JD666 likes this.
  4. rpm

rpm Lizard king Staff Member

it is going into the sewage treatment plant.

5. sumonpathak

sumonpathak RAID Rookie

tech scene=forums(tech/gaming/whatever)

6. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Well for one thing its catching up with the rest of the world..
    Quicker releases .. more brands are investing in India ..

Some time ago .. I had an estimate that we are 3-4 years behind the Global tech scene/trends ..
    Now a days .. I'll put it at 2 years .. speaking of the Tech culture that is.

Even though the technology products exist and are more easily accessible, its the cultural move or the adoption of a new technology, in which India has been behind the rest of the world.
    The Broadband situation severely hampers the global online content industry from entering India .. thus puts India pretty low on the online revenue hotspots.

For 2012: Smart TVs, HTPCs & Tablets and Unified service (IPTV + Tele + Broadband)

7. MajinBuu

MajinBuu BORN TO FRAG ~

Yes , we are indeed catching up with rest of the World with Reasonable PACE ... but to no Avail !!!
    Many people just Blindly invest in Expensive Tech/Gadget Stuff, but there are not to be Pointed , its because the Indian Tech Scene is Stagnant or WORST !!!
    PAYROLL is what i would say . We lack in Many things like , The Basic Review System , Tell me how many State of the Art Web site or Forum has this feature ?

A new Gadget releases People buy, Use it ,Hate & then RANT !!!

ManISinJpr likes this.
  8. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

most of tech scene is basically to show-off how much money can you spend on your new shiny.

sumonpathak, MajinBuu and dbg like this.
  9. dbg

We only get any gadget early on if its launch luckily coincides wirh the Indian launch.

Other gadgets get showcased in tech-trade shows n expos in the west so they have pre launch access to these devices.. unfortunately this will never happen for us.

product launches now a days never happen without a movie star or model posing with it.. who is surely oblivious to the product they are promoting..

Marketing people are convinced that kareena kapoors size zero figure is the right way to promote Sony's ultra slim laptops range.. unless we move out of this glamour phase no serious tech coverage can be done in India.

The smaller players (Cooler Master etc) who can't afford big celebrities are the ones who ultimately resort to grass root promotion but due to their limited market reach they never get any mainstream exposure..

ManISinJpr, sumonpathak and MajinBuu like this.
  10. sumonpathak

sumonpathak RAID Rookie

We are catching up...but the forum politics is ruining it all...
    instead of having an user generated contents we are having "Forum " generated contents..where the content is becoming property of forums...and every forum is having blood feud on each other...

ManISinJpr likes this.
  11. dbg

Thats true .. money still rules .. however as the years proceed the purchasing power of the countrys youth is increasing. Right now its the 30+ guys .. (no offense to any here) that are major market segment for smartphones.. the avg. age of a smartphone buyer is gradually declining and when we hit the 20-25 age mark then will see some changes start to come in how these things are promoted.

The young crowd is always the early adopters and as they get more cash to spend their influence will increase on the market. Kid turning 18 always wanted a bike, now they want a bike and a smartphone.

12. sumonpathak

sumonpathak RAID Rookie

so basically sharing of knowledge has taken a backseat?

13. dbg

Hain..?? what ?

14. sumonpathak

sumonpathak RAID Rookie

that comment came out from an personal experience....
    a few months ago..a leading forum in India started to pay people for posting in forums...one of my friends at that time flat out refused to join any other forums(including the one i administer) fearing that he might get "fired"...same thing occurred to me again..a few days ago...the forum being the "other" forum....so if forums starts to keep "enthusiasts/members" on payroll...what exactly is going to be the next step in the scene?

15. dbg

Well i'm gonna tip-toe here and say that hiring of writers by websites isnt a bad thing but actually encourages people to take up their hobby/interest seriously, now when money becomes involved so certain obligations .. If the website that is paying you is asking for exclusivity of your content then its fair for them to ask it ..

I think there is plenty of content and talent to go around .. and hopefully competition between forums & websites is done in the direction of improvement. So its not all bad in the end. I'm optimistic about this.

16. sumonpathak

sumonpathak RAID Rookie

^^in the current scenario its only hindering the growth...

17. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Nothing, If all the great teachers of one prestigious college start teaching in all other colleges, then what is the purpose of going to that prestigious college.

If the intentions are right, forums with the right content and the right direction will grow. And become popular

The Indian tech scene is not headed anywhere, if the constant banter stays in place. What is needed is a precise/clear line of action on the same line.

18. dbg

The scene goes where the money is to be made.. nobody is trying to do anything radical or revolutionary.
    Everyone wants self-sufficient growth and revenue.

The real tech scene in India is still pretty much underground .. and has no mainstream appeal even online.

JD666 likes this.
  19. theBanik

theBanik RAID Rookie

hmmmm......First of all the 'other' forum does not 'fire' people for joining other forums. But if they are paying (however meager) a sum then how can they not claim the content???? And how is hiring people hindering the growth???? Just because you went and started a forum and planned to get members from other forum which you are not able to does not mean its hindering growth..........

You need to have a good plan, which sadly you did not. Now raiders, you will see has a good plan with good people and I seriously hope would go places.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    initpidzero: 56 Points (you sir deserve an award.) Jul 12, 2012
    harryneopotter: 69 Points (go go go :)) Jul 12, 2012
    harryneopotter, initpidzero and rpm like this.
  20. sumonpathak

sumonpathak RAID Rookie

^^
    1.i didn't start the forum u are talking about...
    2.if they are not "scared" why didn't want to post in other forums too? taking "my" forum out of question here and there have been instances that they have been warned...[i believe u have some trouble identifying the forum am referring too]
    3.As for plan..u have no idea what i have in store and the stuff u r hinting at is an old trick...used by many :p..but i made sure it is stopped when i came to know about it.
    4.Raiders on the other hand..will go forward...'cause they have an "open" mindset...unlike some other guys(less business oriented),its the only reason am sticking here.

MajinBuu, dbg and initpidzero like this.