Where were you, this time 20 yrs ago?

Discussion in 'Arts and Photography' started by JD666, Oct 20, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

DDLJ2.jpg

Some of you might have been in the conception stage or unable to control bowel movement phase. However some might remember this time, 20 yrs ago.

I remember these days, for what is being marked. We had a White Maruti 800, And we were in Gol Market, near CP, New Delhi. Music for the new Chopra movie, Dilwale Dulanhia Le Jayenge, fondly knows as DDLJ had just come out (Note this was a few weeks before the movie released, which was today, 20 yrs ago).

I pestered my Mom to buy a cassette, so that me and the sister could listen to it in the car. I still remember that black HMV case, with a grey cassette inside. Kajol and SRK were on the cover in their Mehdi laga ke rakha pose.

Little did I know then, that this movie would be so iconic, and inspire an entire generation of love stories. Every guy saw Raj in himself, and every girl started dreaming about her lover, like Simran. Sigh, those were the days. Of falling in love, and sharing sweet nothings.

I could go on, but then most of you might label it as corny and cheesy (which this post pretty much is). DDLJ went on to become the "Sholay" of a new generation, and broke many records, one of which still stands, for the morning show at Maratha Mandir in Mumbai. It still runs there!

So, do any of you remember where you were, or what you were doing when DDLJ was released?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  2. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

I'd broken my left leg around that time according to my mum, jumped off the first floor onto a parked scooter. :/

JD666 likes this.
  3. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Lol

Rockfella likes this.