Discussion Why don't they?

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by JD666, May 15, 2013.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

- Start installing USB ports in the power points of our homes. A simple AC-DC convertor with 5V 500mA output. You simply plug in your data-cable and your portable device to charge it. No hassle of carrying a charger!

- Have separate entry and exit points in a metro carriage. Rather than having people crowd up at both doors, Simply mark the entry and exit gates, separately.

The people wanting to get off at a station will gather near the exit door. And the people who want to get on, will gather at the marking for entry on the platform. This will reduce congestion and speed up the entry exit process.

WingZero and turbo99i like this.
  2. JD666

Make remotes with rechargeable batteries. You simply charge it with a mini or micro usb cable.

No more hunting around for AA or AAA cells when your favourite show is on!

3. JD666

Install foot operated lever or switch for the water tap in the kitchen. Will help save water when dishes are being washed.

I have noticed maids leaving the tap running while switching between dishes. Because they wont put in the extra effort to shut the tap.

A foot operated switch will stop the flow once the foot comes off it. Will help save water anywhere. Restaurants, Hotels, homes, offices etc.

turbo99i likes this.
  4. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Start installing USB ports in the power points of our homes. A simple AC-DC convertor with 5V 500mA output. You simply plug in your data-cable and your portable device to charge it. No hassle of carrying a charger!

Chargers have longer cable .. USB cables are generally shorter also 500mA will provide slow charging.

- Have separate entry and exit points in a metro carriage. Rather than having people crowd up at both doors, Simply mark the entry and exit gates, separately.

The people wanting to get off at a station will gather near the exit door. And the people who want to get on, will gather at the marking for entry on the platform. This will reduce congestion and speed up the entry exit process.

I guess they have a good reason .. :)

Each metro carriage does have two doors.
    From my guess.. they will need to make the platforms wider to accommodate the extra crowding near door. right now the crowd is equally spread across the platform.

5. JD666

5v 500ma is standard rating, you can always have a switch that allows 850ma or 1A even.

6. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

^^ And have people be intelligent enough to decipher between those ;)
    these are not even standard in Icelandic countries.. so lets think and wish that the Govt first start giving CLEAN water to its citizens..

Rockfella likes this.
  7. JD666

- You can have a 6 ft retractable micro USB cable coming out from the power outlet.

ManISinJpr - Bhai this is about innovative ideas, not what's not present.

8. ManISinJpr

ManISinJpr Want to resurrect.. !!!

I again say !! the Govt or extablishments are not and should not be Bothered about the niche peeps out there. !!
    all these people can spend and should spend !
    basic life is of utmost importance and the only inportant thing to give to people !
    Safety, food and security with water that is clean !

9. JD666

Arre, but bhai, this thread is not for that! We can start a separate thread for that.

ManISinJpr likes this.
  10. turbo99i

turbo99i RAID Rookie

JD is genius!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. JD666

12. turbo99i

turbo99i RAID Rookie

If people are bit considerate and allow people to get off first before ramping them back in again and form some kinda Que. then it's all sorted! This is how rest of the world operates simplez!

Luciffer and JD666 like this.
  13. JD666

Yep, Unfortunately in our country all those rules get thrown out the door.

For. eg. today at EasyDay (Walmart), we had a whole bunch of things in our cart, are standing in the right line, patiently waiting for this lady before us to finish her items at the checkout, when this guy jumps in and goes, "Can I go before you, I just have these 2 items". I was like sure, but you are in the wrong lane. Use the Express (10 items or less) lane. But he kept on insisting. Finally I had to firmly tell him, that I have been patiently waiting for the person before me to finish her checkout, he can either change lanes and go the right lane or continue waiting if he wants to stand behind me.

Arrgh!

14. JD666

Specify the minimum mileage a vehicle of a particular size or engine capacity should give.

This will force people to pay more for a gas guzzler and lesser for a fuel efficient car.

This will also reduce our oil consumption and force people to make a contribution to the environment.

And this will force automobile manufacturers to make even more fuel efficient cars.

MrsJD666 likes this.
  15. dbg

I don't follow.

16. JD666

Current crop of cars sold have extremely powerful engines. Under Ideal test conditions, they return an X mileage, however under normal driving conditions this value is quite low.

What the Government should do, is define a lower limit, rather than an upper limit. i.e. the worst mileage that these cars should give should atleast be Y kms/litre.

say for instance a Mahindra Scorpio gives a mileage of 10-12 kms to the litre. What they don't mention is that the worst it goes to can be 8 kmpl as well.

What the government should do (in the interest of the environment), fix this lower value to say 10 kms per litre. So the manufacturer will be forced to make a vehicle that is even more fuel efficient, lowering our fuel consumption.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 21, 2013 ---
    This will force manufacturers to make lesser powerful engines in the interest of economy.

Those who want to abide by the government ruling, buy the lower spec engines and do their bit for the environment.

Those who want the full motorhead experience, pay a tax for burning more fuel than normal, and buy the higher power engine.

17. dbg

The lower end of the Mileage depends on soo many factors. It would be really complicated to set up such a Standard ..

JD666 likes this.
  18. JD666

Yes, but essentially if you can force the manufacturers to make vehicles with mileage above a fixed number, it improves the over all efficiency.

Currently all manufacturers vie for the most efficient vehicle spot. However this is not applicable to all vehicles that they sell. Assigning a generic value, even if under ideal test conditions, they will be forced to make vehicles that are more fuel efficient than the current crop.

19. JD666

Why don't they make insulation a fixed property of any building/house under construction. A certain amount of the infrastructure must contribute in making sure that their building is insulated well.

This will increase cost of construction, but in the long term, make cooling/heating the place much cheaper than conventional methods.

Also make it mandatory for having solar panels installed on an X percentage of the building under question. This will increase power supply from renewable sources, even though by a minor percentage.

Why this can be incorporated? Because the amount of profit one company stands to make from any infrastructure project, is enough to cover the costs of such additional features. Especially when they will be passing on part of the cost to the buyer.

20. turbo99i

turbo99i RAID Rookie

it's exactly the case JD, otherwise known as fleet average fuel efficiency and the targets are going up every year. India has got bit of relaxation but in few years things will change. Lookup for NEDC cycle you will get some idea what OEM's have to comply.

JD666 likes this.