Discussion Why don't they?

Discussion in 'RAIDers League' started by JD666, May 15, 2013.

Share This Page

1. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

I have a WHY DO THEY..

We see so many of these SUVs n Cars which people eagerly 'mod' by putting on Thicker tyres..

Now these new tyres have a different diameter n circumference.. Doesn't that affect the vehicle performance .. The manufacturers must have setup the gear ratio,RPM n power output for a particular Wheel size. Won't a new tyre mess it all up.

JD666

idutt likes this.
  2. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

Requires a separate thread for Why do they, but yes for that Phat look and aggressive appearance people do all this stuff.

If you change the tyres, it does affect the ride and handling of your vehicle, most importantly putting too wide a tyre with too small a overall diameter stresses the drive train, suspension, brakes etc.

Moreover these tyres have a higher rolling resistance, so they put more strain on the steering so your power steering pump/system also gets shot, and they have a tendency to touch the underside of the wheel arches. Your turning radius is limited and you cannot rotate the steering lock to lock.

In India, manufacturers generally under-tyre their vehicles, in the interest of fuel economy. So if you know the size on the international Linea, or the Honda City, you can put those tyres on your car. The game here is to ensure that the Tire-Diameter does not change.

So a 200/70 R 15 will have the same diameter as say a 240/60 R 15 (The /number is a percentage of the width of the tyre, in this case 140mm vs 144mm)

idutt likes this.
  3. JD666

Have a dedicated space for mounting your phones, or where you can mount the suction cup of the stand to hold your device. I was searching for one in the 86 and went Arrgh!

4. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

I still want everything to be compatible with everything else.

5. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Why do girls test your patience so much ?

6. JD666

Can't find a fix for that.. that should go in a thread that's titled - I want to ask God, why......

dbg likes this.