Yamuna Expressway Finally opens today!

Discussion in 'T&AA - Travel and Anything Automotive' started by JD666, Aug 9, 2012.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

After nearly a year long wait of getting the first taste of the expressway during the Formula 1 Race in Oct of last year, the expressway is finally open today!

Toll is 320 rs one way for 4 wheelers, and 150 for 2 wheelers, however the expressway does make it worth it!

However, my only concern is that people dont go bonkers on the speeds possible ( I remember hitting 155+ kmph on an A-Star ) and lose control.

I am hoping to hit the highway over the weekend to do a trial run with luggage on my bike. Lets see how that works out.

However a 165kms to Agra, does make it worthwhile for all the foreigners coming in to see the Taj Mahal. This will be a much needed, faster, smoother, traffic free route for them. And I am hoping for some de-congestion on NH-2 ( Delhi ( Ashram ) - Faridabad - Ballabhgarh - Palwal - Hodal - Mathura ) route.

Though unfortunately, there is no interlink between the expressway and Faridabad.

To get onto the expressway, as of now, you will have to get to Greater Noida, and then enter. Which makes for a nearly 30-35 kms trip from Faridabad, just to reach the expressway, and that too thru the traffic of Delhi.

From Gurgaon its a similar story as well, First reach Noida, and then enter.

Hopefully over the next 2 years or so, the authorities do realize this, and build some inter-connects.

Nicko likes this.
  2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Delhi to Agra under an hour ??? :)

3. JD666

On a 1000cc bike or a 300 bhp plus vehicle, with the highway sparsely dotted with traffic, sure.

Other wise its been touted as the 100 minutes run. Which is pretty decent as well.

I'm making plans to to go Either tomorrow morning or Saturday, but going, yes for sure!

Nicko likes this.
  4. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Did Mathura in 70 minutes on Rakhi.

5. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

NH2 between Agra and Delhi is 200 kms, right? Whats the big deal in doing 165 kms. in 100 minutes then? I did the 200 kms. between Agra and Delhi in Spetember 2011 in under 100 mins. Albeit, it was between 2200 and 2345 hours ;)

However, on the expressway, one would need to be extra cautious as all speed demons will be attempting to break the sound barrier. I remember the first few years on the DnD when people went berserk and often we would hear about fatal crashes.

JD666 likes this.
  6. JD666

exactly. the speed limit is believed to be 120 on this one. Hence the 100 minute factor.

7. SumitB

SumitB RAID Staff Staff Member

Speed limits are one thing, but as you know, when on the highway, its the average moving speed that matters. On expressways, as on a decent highway, you can cover more distances at nights as we are free from the omnipresent cow, dog, goat and humans. I would love to give it a go on the expressway. Hopefully, soon. :)

JD666 likes this.
  8. JD666

You will enjoy this one. Its an elevated expressway with no breaks in the divider. there are underground cross overs every 25-30 kms or so. So to get to the other side, you go off the highway, go underneath and come up on the other side. Which is terrific!!!

This is going to be the new proving grounds for Delhi's elite and rich. I wont be surprised to see a lot of SBKs around on Sunday!

Nicko and SumitB like this.
  9. BANHAMMER

BANHAMMER Teh Almighty BanHammer Staff Member

ok, when i am in india, i demand a trip on this highway.

Nicko, SumitB and JD666 like this.