Discussion Your expectations from the iPhone 6

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Consumer Electronics' started by JD666, Jul 29, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

I like these discussions since there are a lot of iOS lovers who stay steady and faithful to their brand, despite the restrictions and limitations of the OS.

This is not a flame war, but simply a discussion of what would you be expecting from Apple's next flagship model.

My expectations -

1- a notification indicator, either an led or as rumoured the logo at the back of the device, that can glow to indicate a missed call or message or notification.

2- Wireless charging - Its really hassle free and you can ensure you are at a 100% charge whenever you step out. Just have a base plate at home and at work ;) . Lets not forget the additional revenue this iPlate or iBase can generate for Apple. This technology can later be adde to their iPods even.

3- NFC - Not the Apple proprietary kind but the proper real stuff so that it can be used for transactions and payments. That would be some serious features.

4- Proper Facebook integration - Dunno but the Facebook app feels lacking on the iPhone. If i compare it with the Android version, it feels far behind. So a good integrated app would be a welcome.

5- Better battery life - My main reason for letting go of the iPhone 5S and switching to the HTC One Mini was battery life. The iPhone would go low in 12-14 hrs of heavy usage, while the Mini would last 16-18 easy. Not too much but would still get me thru a day without worrying too much. If they could improve that in the next one, it would be great.

Other - To have an iPhone Mini the size of an iPhone 4S. Something thats not too expensive and corners the market at am additional price point and dimension. My reason for getting the 4S recently for testing was the same. I Felt it was the right size.

Whats your expectation from the new iPhone 6??

2. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Well so far we are likely to get 4.7" screen size with sapphire glass.

A backside notification indicator wouldn't be of much use.

Wireless charging is probably something apple should have done before others. Let's see if we get it.

JD666 likes this.
  3. JD666

They cant really sell the phone on just a sapphire glass screen and a glowing logo. The iPhone 5S is still and extremely capable phone.

4. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

My main gripe with the 5S is the inaccurate touch screen. Rest i took care off with the jailbreak.

iPhone 6, i dont really know, the US market is overly saturated with iPhones and people are starting to move towards other Os's

5. JD666

I have an iP5s, what all did you gain from the jailbreak?

6. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

• Activator
    • Adblocker
    • Assistant Unrestrictor
    • Bio Protect
    • CC Hide
    • Bigify
    • iCaught U
    • Mini Player
    • Swipe Selection
    • Virtual Home
    • Winterboard
    The list is insanely long. Basically i have everything other than home screen widgets. These are some of my favourite ones.

JD666 likes this.
  7. JD666

If the 6 is anything like what rumours are saying it is (looks) , its surely on my christmas list

8. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

NO! NONONONONONONO!!!!!
    [​IMG]

9. JD666

Why not? There isn't anything else out there worth buying

10. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

HTC ONE M8.

11. JD666

^^ Indeed. The mesh cover thingy looks great.

12. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

13. JD666

What, isn't it cool? Instead of touching your phone's screen, you touch the mesh that protects it.

14. ViKiD

ViKiD RAID Rookie

LOL, obviously the size is kinda skewed. Cant have everything right? Just like the iPhone's gonna have iOS :p

15. JD666

That it is. Why can't they make a feature packed phone with a sub 4 inch screen size!