Your favourite Ramen noodles?

Discussion in 'F&F - Food and Fitness' started by JD666, May 1, 2014.

Share This Page

1. JD666

JD666 RAID Leader Staff Member

The staple diet of many a bachelor... the midnight snack for those overnight study sessions.. the quick fix food alternate...

The unholy combination of god knows what powders and ingredients.. but the moment it touches hot water... voila it's transformed into that unhealthy goodiness that we've all enjoyed at some point of time or other...

Below are my 3 most favourite Ramen noodles.. though the consumption has gone down, I still manage to sneak in a packet a week or so :D

1) Mama Noodles - Tom Yum Shrimp flavor - I love this so much that I actually have to ask people coming from India to get me this from there. Sadly not available locally.

Mama noodles.jpg

Every time that I'm down to me last two packets I start panicking and conserving them for the very special of moments to be savored and enjoyed. :D

2) Maggi CuppaMania Chilly Chow Yo -

Around 2-3 years on the market, very decent taste, though nothing Chinese about it. Much better than their other Cup-A-Noodles.

chilly chow yo.jpg

3) My recent discovery here - Maggi Mi Goreng -

Maggi mi goreng.jpg

This comes with not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 packets of flavoring/seasoning/oil/thingmajig.

You dunk the noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes and put the pan on simmer.

Mix all 4 ingredients in a bowl. Once the noodles are down (boiled and softened), drain the water from the noodles and mix the noodles in the bowl and eat!

A tangy, asian, sweet mix that's really really nice to eat... Though fattening heavily :D

Do try it if you chance upon em in your local supermarket!

Maggi mi goreng 02.jpg

idutt likes this.
  2. idutt

idutt RAID Rookie

maggi is my favourite as well as top ramen but I hardly eat now as iam so busy.

3. JD666

it's the ideal food for 'busy people' like you... I know you are busy.. no time to put space between I and am :D

idutt likes this.
  4. MOZ

MOZ RAID Leader Staff Member

Problem for me with ramen is I am vegetarian, however of the ones I have tried my favorite is Heinz - Mushroom.

idutt likes this.
  5. dbg

dbg RAID Staff Staff Member

Mama Noodles became my favorite midnight snack after a recommendation by JD666

idutt and JD666 like this.
  6. JD666

You can try chilly chow yo. And most of the non-veg ones don't really have any pieces of meat.. Just powder and flavoring.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 2, 2014 ---
    It's quite liked by our @manisinjpr as well.

idutt likes this.